Fox Farm Ocean Forest® Potting Soil

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by captcook, Jun 10, 2010.

1. Does anyone here know an actual store that carries Ocean Forest® Potting Soil or, can recommend a soil that is "just as good" that can be obtained at a tangible store. Also can someone recommend a nutrient product? Something that is somewhat simple and doesn't carry a high possibly and hurting the plants on accident. (I've grown before with out them but, reading all this info tells me it's really important)

I will be growing Feminized White Widow seeds.

Thanks in advance.

2. #3 thisismynewxbox, Jun 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2010
    I'm wondering the same as you captcook, alot of people talk about these products that you can order online, but nobody ever really talks about nutrients you can buy at stores like walmart kmart home depot lowes if you don't have a specialized shop in your area you can't find alot of what the experts are talking about.

Who knows, maybe no one talks about those (if they even exist) because they don't work well.

I hope someone can reccomend products like these so captcook and I can go down to walmart and grow a badass plant:p

Ha you posted as i was writing ventoux...awesome answer!!!! Helped me find a growstore in my area:):):) didn't even know it+rep

3. Wow completely missed the store locater on their site. Thanks Man. Closest one for me is like 19 miles away tho. My White Widow is worth it tho. Any recommendation on nutrients?

4. When it says "two teaspoons per gallon of water every other time you water." What do they mean by per gallon? No way I'm giving my plants a gallon of water....

Please advise

Thanks in advance.

5. depends on your budget. earth juice is one of the better values out there. advanced nutrients is good, but expensive, especially when you think about how many products they have out there. best to keep it simple starting out. many growers also use fox farms lineup: grow big, tiger bloom, and big bloom.

6. They mean per gallon... I'd do this: Buy a gallon of distilled water in the beverage aisle of your local supermarket. And put the nutrients in that gallon the exact way it says to on the box.. When you feed start with half strength, so only put half the nutrients into the gallon that it says to, when your plant likes it, put more in. If the plant has an adverse reaction, stop feeeding it, and put less in, you'll find the golden area where the nutes are perfect, and you'll enjoy a happy plant :hello:

7. Thanks for the help, Do you think I can pick up Mylar at this hydroponics's store I'm going to for the soil, or know of a place to buy it. Might just use tin foil...

8. Do not use foil. Mylar or Reflectix can be bought and Home Depot and/or Lowe's. Flat white paint is better than foil.

9. Yes, they mean per gallon of water. And believe it or not, you WILL be giving your plants a gallon of water, sometimes, more. My WW gets 1.5 gallons every 4 or 5 days.