Fox Farm nutrients and soil

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by winkyweed, Oct 19, 2009.

1. I picked up some Fox Farm Happy Frog soil and all 3 main nutrients. I have the schedule and all but I have a question about later on. Does anybody see a big difference using the Open Sesame, Cha Ching and Beastie Bloomz? I read one post that said the Open Sesame did little or nothing.
    Oh and on a side note. The soil has mycorrhize and humic acid but should I add more myco later on? I don't mean in the first 3-4 weeks but maybe after that. I have some GreaT White myco powder but don't want to overdo it.

2. Another question for you all.
    Plant succes does the great white and a few other mycchorizae products. Is great white that much better than the others and worth all the extra money? I looked at a list of ingredients and it has a lot more. Also the concentration was higher. This doesn't always translate into "awesome" compared to the lesser ones so I ask: Is it worth it to spend the extra cash on it? Do you really see more results/yeild? Thanks to all who answer.

3. Seriously? No help at all?

4. the three part addition to foxfarms base nutrients DEFINITELY gives better results but only if used correctly. If ya use too much or at the wrong time then itll do more bad then good to ur girlss.

I'd start with the main three part and get the hang of them. Start with 1/4 recommended strength with every third watering at about 3 weeks from germ and gradually up the dose as they start to get bigger. The myco in the soil should be plenty.... they are alive and multiply and dwell in the soil the whole time. Adding more shoulddnt hurt but I dont think its needed :)

as for brands of myco.... its all the same basic thing. Some may have dif types and more variety but they'll help ya plants whether there are 5 types of em or 15 in the product.

5. Our beloved plant is more interested in the ENDO mychorrizae.......the ecto is for more woody plants, trees and shrubs. There are some myco products that have endo mycs only. ( Mycogrow for vegetables, and for hydro)As long as the mychorrizae has a food supply, they will thrive and multiply.

You can use any myco product, the species are the same from supplier to supplier, it's the concentrations that are different.

Fox Farms Big Bloom contains the essentials to feed the microbes, so you shouldn't need to add more, other than molasses once in a while. I always add the mychorrizae spores at each transplant, and my root balls seem to tell me they like what I'm doing.

6. Thanks for the replies. That was good info. I spent a little extra to the the white shark but may just get the regular basic stuff later. For now I will try it out and see how it goes.

As for Cha Ching, Open Sesame and Beastie Bloomz, I will hold off. They are not even close to needing those yet but I am interested to know how they have worked for other growers.

For now, I am growing some Strawberry Blue, White Widow, Headband Kush and a mystery plant.

7. Read this about Open Sesame. I was thinking of picking it up along with Cha Ching and Beastie Bloomz. I have only seen one post and it said that it did little or nothing and not to waste any money. The sales blurb states otherwise so I was hoping that someone with experience with these products would weigh in and give me some input. Thanks in advance for any helpful replies.

Open Sesame® Soluble Fertilizer (5-45-19)
    Early Flowering Formula for Gardeners and Hydroponic GrowersOpen Sesame® is a high-phosphorus soluble fertilizer that's designed to bring plants into bloom at your command. Just say the magic words! Open Sesame® provides the optimal level of nutrition with minimal salts and other residue buildups. Whether you're growing in hydroponic systems, containers, or gardening in ordinary soil, Open Sesame® will go right to work at the root zone and deliver targeted nutrients when the plants need them the most.

Garden Tip: Feed with Open Sesame® every other watering, starting at about the fifth or sixth week of a plant's life. It takes just a few weeks of Open Sesame® to get stocky, sturdy, compact, high-producing plants and buds that are ready to burst. For optimum results, start indoor plants in our Light Warrior® Agro-Ponic® Grow Medium, or use our premium Ocean Forest® Potting Soil for container plants.

Once buds have formed, help your plant produce awesome flowers by switching to Beastie Bloomz

8. I am big on molasses and think it really helps the growth and flavor as well. So far the myco appears to be helping the roots.

Another quick question: What is the best Fox Farms soil. I picked up Happy Frog on sale and they were out of the Ocean. Is there really a big difference?

9. *crickets chirping* anyone out there have any answers for me? Beuhler? Beuhler?:confused:

10. happy frog is great. Thats what I always used. The maain dif is ocean forest has organic fert added in so you dont need to feed the plants for a few weeks longer.

11. Myles, thanks for the input. I guess the included organic fert would be nice. hassle free!