Fox farm nutes ok for dwc?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by headstasher, Sep 30, 2011.

1. I've started using fox farm tiger bloom and grow big with good results so far. They brought some stressed out plants back to life which was nice. But is that formula good for a dwc feeding schedule? I want to switch over half my plants to dwc and since I just got this stuff I'd rather not go buy more shit. I've done dwc before but with botanicare nutes not fox farm

2. They have a hydro version of grow big....and yes you can use it for DWC.

SignSmoker

3. Right on thnx man I'm sure I don't have the hydro version of grow big but I do have a spare bottle of pure blend gro if it's not workin out too well.

4. Fox farms nutes work well in DWC, but they have a lot of salts and whatnot so you have to rinse the buckets out often.

They have a separate feeding chart for hydro.

You can use the soil version of grow big, but if you do - simply use 3/4 of what you would normally use of the hydro version when feeding.

5. [quote name='"theVirtuoso"']Fox farms nutes work well in DWC, but they have a lot of salts and whatnot so you have to rinse the buckets out often.

They have a separate feeding chart for hydro.

You can use the soil version of grow big, but if you do - simply use 3/4 of what you would normally use of the hydro version when feeding.[/quote]

Awesome thnx I've noticed so far that a little goes a long way with this stuff

6. Having problems with you Ph swingin with FF nutes in DWC? I sure as shit am.. Huge swing for about 4-5 days.. 5.8 up to 8.1 in worst case.. then it levels off. have this problem after every res change! Any tricks?

7. [quote name='"LilJ86"']Having problems with you Ph swingin with FF nutes in DWC? I sure as shit am.. Huge swing for about 4-5 days.. 5.8 up to 8.1 in worst case.. then it levels off. have this problem after every res change! Any tricks?[/quote]

Thats actually normal due to the plant trading molecules durring nutrient up take. The trick is to not let it jump over 7.5 or below 5.5. What to do is lower the starting ph a few points. Use ro or filtered water and balance the ph over a days time before res change. And be patient when mixing let it sit a while each time you add a product it will fluxuate as its disolving as well

8. last res change i mixed bucket a day in advance and let it cook 24 hours.. no ph change.. tossed the plants in em and in 12 hours they rose to 7.. im not getting it.. i soaked the hydroto and all that good shit too. i figured fuck it, ive paid to much for these FF nutes, if i have to babysit ph through this first grow ill do it.. gunna try advanced nutes next time..

9. I use ff for my dwc but dont have the oh issues but I do have the issue of my ppm settling higher than I set them for in about 3 days.
    So if I want a ppm at say 1500 I'll mix them at 1200 and in about the 3 days I'm around the desired ppm I'm seeking

10. wouldnt that just be the plants uptaking more water than nutes? swing seems to have stabilized a little more.. only a .5 swing now.. that i can handle!

11. [quote name='"LilJ86"']wouldnt that just be the plants uptaking more water than nutes? swing seems to have stabilized a little more.. only a .5 swing now.. that i can handle![/quote]

I use to dose my dwc with 2000 and over ppm and I noticed I had crazy ph swings but then since I starting getting things in the respectable ppm range the swinings have stopped. I start my girls off at 5.9 allow them to go down to 5.5 (really 5.1) takes 4 days but then get them back up to 5.9
    Yes I believe it does mean more water uptake then nutes...

But since I have been in DWC this I the biggest yields my girls have started to produce so it's nice seeing the help we ask and read on here does work

12. Used Fox Farm hydro trio for both my grows...and they both sucked! I fuckin hate Fox Farm. Same pH shifts as the dude up there..and have had shitty deficiency the whole time. Dumbest shit I've seen. Can't wait to get these bushes outta my tent cause they look disgusting. On to Gen Hydroponics.

13. i think im gunna look into the PH perfect via advanced when i run through this Fox farms..

14. Just thought i would add. I bought ff with high hopes. They are now only a back up if something goes wrong. I ditched the dwc and am now cooking a water only soil myself and will no loner be using anything out of a bottle at all. Its all a sham u dont need any of it!