Fox Farm Happy Frog

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TATtheHOOD, Feb 1, 2013.

1. I'm about to go to the hydro store to pick up some Happy Frog but first I was wondering what I need to get to mix with it. I already have perlite. And how long will it feed my plants before I have to start adding nutes?

2. And that is the beauty of soil... You have to read your plants, if they start looking like something is wrong, then you may need some nutes. If I were you I would get the happy frog soil additives that you mix in with your soil and the plants will take it as they need it, then monthly you can add more to the top. That is the easiest way without risking burning your plants. I just bought some happy frog fruit and flower for mine for that reason...
    I have grown good nugs without using any nutes, you'd be surprised how much nutrients are already in your soil.

3. Update! Update! So I ended up goin with FFOF. So im wondering the same questions for this soil. I appreciate any and all responses.

4. [quote name='"TATtheHOOD"']Update! Update! So I ended up goin with FFOF. So im wondering the same questions for this soil. I appreciate any and all responses.[/quote]

The only thing I would mix in is perlite.

5. Awesome and how long after transplant into FFOF should I start feeding nutes?

6. #6 WaxPayne, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2013
    You have to let the plants tell you when they need nutes (color, drooping, nodes, etc. etc. etc.) What nutes you using btw?

You could also try following the feeding schedule on the bottle of your nute complex if using store bought. If using organics, you really have to look at the plants and make your decision based off of how they are responding. Typically true organics (after you have made a healthy soil complex) only need water because once you have made a "living" medium, there is no need for adding much of anything.

7. Around a month depending on the plant its self. But like others have said. Wait until they show you a need for you to add nutes.
    Good luck

8. Im using GH Flora series. I didnt want to follow thier schedule tho because I didnt know how long the ffof will feed my plants on its own.

9. #9 WaxPayne, Feb 2, 2013
    When I used Flora I would typically add to my babies (im assuming they're still young) 2ml of Grow to a gallon of water and then feed. This would take place until they reached at least 1 ft tall. Then I would slowly add more according to schedule and plant health. Depending on how many plants you have and how big they are you may have excess nutes left in your gallon jug or whatever container you are using to mix the water and nutes. Dont save this as 2ml is not really that much and your not wasting alot of it if you pour it out. I NEVER save any complex of nutes i make. If theres left overs they leave. I had alot of problems thinking i should store my complexes.

10. Thanks man that is great advice. And yes the seedlings that im going to transplant next week (1 blue mystic and 1 spiritual punk) will be 2 weeks old. I also have one that is about 16 days old which is an unsexed bag seed from some dirt weed. That is in some shitty Hyponex soil tho. Its kind of my experimental plant.

11. #11 ColoradoLegaliz, Feb 2, 2013
    I used FFOF when I grew soil and it does well mixed with nothing but perlite but also does well mixed with the Happy Frog at about a 50/50 ratio. As for feeding of course each single seed will be different but on average I remember not having to feed until possibly the 2nd or 3rd week after transplant. It does come premixed with nutrients and you will burn those babies big time if you add too much too soon. I did use the FF complete line of nutes though and cant help on the Flora.
    ColoradoLegaliz

12. #12 WaxPayne, Feb 2, 2013

They're at the age when they can start accepting small amounts of Flora.
    I "highly" suggest isolating the unsexed plant as one boy can ruin all the girls..im sure you know this already just a freindly reminder :wave: hoping it turns out to be a female though :D

And always remember the KISS method. Dont overdo it and BE PATIENT. Impatience leads to worry, worry leads to overfert, and overfert leads to death

13. And that is exactly what im trying not to do...lol. but im sure with the help of GC I should be good. I have the unsexed plant with the others for now. I was going to keep them all together until I force flowering. Then I will seperate it to sex it. Does that sound about right?

14. Sounds good to me man. Just make sure you really keep an eye out on it if it's with everything else. Id say your on your way though.

15. Thanks man. Its my first grow and ive done alot of reading and ive spent lots of money so hopefully it works out.

16. Everything I do in my grow is completely credited to the wonderful community here. Maybe I've read a few books but books don't talk back when you ask questions . Stay on GC and don't hesitate to ask questions . There are quite a few experienced growers (I still think of myself as a beginner) that can provide vast amounts of knowledge to your grow which will eventually lead to bountiful harvests. Any problem you have, search the forums. If you can't find the answer, ask the question by making the thread (like you've done now) .

Good luck on the grow. Make a journal if you want to. I never do but really should since if you make a journal, there is a likely chance you can have all of your questions answered in one thread . :smoke:

17. Yeah man had I not looked into GC I would have failed everything by now...including germination...lol. but im doin pretty well now. Got my lighting dialed in...got my ventillation dialed in...watering is goin pretty good...temp and humidity is good. Now just to learn as I go. And most def
    :smoke:

18. Hell yea man GC's community is the best . Books will help too if you can't get immediate response . Look up Ed Rosenthals book on indoor cultivation. Good read there man.

19. id definitely mix happy frog with perlite or vermiculite, and some earthworm castings. if you want to go nuts, add some kelp meal or alfalfa and some rock dust

20. I ended up goin with FFOF instead.