Fox farm Happy Frog ?’s

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Smokexbreak, Dec 5, 2018.

1. So I planted a bubble gum seed into a super soil I’d made and the soil was wayyyyyy to hot. So transplanted it into Happy Frog with 30-40% perlite. The soil had dried and it’s time for its first watering. This thing is a survivor lol I know it’s small for its age but it’s been through a hell of a ride. It’s 3 weeks old. Been in the Happy Frog for a week. With this watering is it time to start feeding? Or should I continue water only until the next watering? Or can I go ahead and start feeding at 1/4 strength?

Also how often do you water only vs water with nutes in the Happy Frog?

I’ve used FFOF the last year and this is a first run with straight Happy Frog.

Thanks in advance!!! [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. @Hunter2348

• Like Like x 1
  3. I feed when the plants ready. I go by sight, how’s she doing does she need to be fed? Etc. Depending on photo or auto I feed accordingly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. You think that this is ready for 1/4. Strength nutes?

5. And I guess what are the indicators you need to feed? What exactly are you looking for?

6. It's normal too think that feeding will make it grow quicker. I thought that at first. Right now she is rooting in. After that is done she will take off. If it's a photo seed than just take a little longer. If it's a auto it will hurt ur yield. Feeding by sight mainly in veg. Bloom is when u feed more

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

7. Do you look for yellowing before feeding? What about the plant screams I need fed? I’m really confused. I’ve been in FFOF for the last year and I always end up with some sort of issue. Thats why I was hoping by switching to Happy Frog I’d have a little more
    Control and not have to do so much guessing. It’s hard to judge the FFOF since it’s already got so many nutes. To my understanding the HF doesn’t have the nutes like the OF. Am I wrong?

8. Yeah I use the ocean forest for the first 2 or 3 years and didn't even add perlite. Only thing I saw was red stem a lot and then that would go away. If you really want to learn to feed your plants right you need to get a PPM meter and check your soil doing what it's called a slurry before you feed each time or water. Hunter and I are doing it now and using nectar Mammoth p and all that stuff.

9. Happy frog is my older than ocean Forest. You should always add around 30% perlite. I used Fox a hundred percent for about 4 years and I started feeding right after week 1. I think too many guys freak out about little tiny things cuz they haven't grown very many plants. after you grow and hundreds of plants you realize that a lot of that stuff is no big deal

10. I’ve got a ppm meter and ph meter as well. Is there a weekly guide for where your PPM should be at?

11. I’ll be moving to nectar after the first of the year I’m finishing off my remo nutes currently. Slurry test is taking soil 3-4 inches deep mixing it in RO water and taking the ph/PPM of the mix right?

12. Take a shot small glass if soil and than take the same amount of soil. Stir in a cup. Than stick both meters in. If u are under like 350 I feed. With nextar u may feed 3 times in a row than ur slurry will show it is backing up and than u water that day

13. I use distilled water for slurry. Good choice u will grow perfect plants when u switch. Calcium based nutes eleminates the cal mag issue too

14. Since I went to Mykos for my roots, Fab pots, happy frog with perlite. My current grow has been the best ever. Taste and smell improved too
    Papa Puffs Fall Auto & Photos show

• Like Like x 1
  15. I was asking guy at hydro store bout the FF line of soil.

He told me that one is best for seedlings and thru veg then use the other when you transplant just before flowering.

I think it was OF for veg and HF thru flower.

take it with a grain of salt. I'm growing in coco and only on second grow so I only know what he told me.

cheers

16. I mixed them for a while. Went to frog when I changed to nectar. Paulie has been growing this way for a while and his plants are always perfect!! I decided I wanted perfect plants

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you for your wisdom @Papa Puff it’s much appreciated I was hoping you’d be the guy to chime in as I know from reading your posts your the go to in regards to fox farm!! Again thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  18. This is what my tap water looks like for this off my cities website.

[​IMG]

19. The middle row is my city

20. Sure thing I am easy just come ask bro

• Like Like x 1