Fox Farm from Seed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by haynow, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Hi guys,

I did do a search, but couldn't find this exact answer/s.

I went to the store to buy some FFOF and all of their nutes. As far as soil I was only going to buy the OF as it seemed that is all I would need. This is my first grow, so I'm a little in the dark. The guy at the store told me the OF was way too strong for seedlings. So, of course he was able to talk me into a bag of Light Warrior as well.

Now I'm really confused!:confused: If the OF has enough nutes for a month, but I'm starting in LW when then hell should I transplant into OF?

Any opinions on starting in paper towels then to LW or just starting right in the LW?

2. I would germ them in dead soil the general rule of thumb is 30 to 40 days to transplant.

3. ^ What this guy said ^

I personally think FFOF is too strong. I had bad luck with it. My first grow with generic organic soil worked wonderfully and that is what I will be doing in the future. FFOF is overrated...

4. So, to be clear...you're saying germinate right in the Light Warrior and leave there for 30-40 days? This is why I'm confused. That is exactly how long the OF is supposed to sustain without nutes.

5. In my opinion you should simply start and finish in some good generic organic soil.

If you have already purchased FFOF though, it isn't SO bad. I had 3 wonderful plants growing in FFOF, but all three turned out to be males so they never made it to harvest obviously...

6. I am not an expert, but I did my grow in FFOF from seed and it is going great. About to harvest in a week or so. FFOF used from start to finish.

7. I know that there are MUCH CHEAPER ways to make a soil that is equivalent to FF, but coming from a beginners point of view, I used Ocean Forrest and Light Warrior mixed half and half. I was advised that by doing this it would allow for a little margin for error in watering. With the extra drainage ability of the Light Warrior, it helps avoid overwatering.
    As far as nute burn to seedlings, I have had ABSOLUTELY no problem with it.

Since you have the Fox Farms, go ahead and use it. I personally transplant my girls after 2 weeks or when they're about 8 inches tall. I transplant from cup to coffee can and then transplant one more time to full size planter after about 4 weeks of growth.

Hope this helped, Good Luck! :smoking:

8. Thanks guys. I'm going to get this started tomorrow.