Fox Farm Big Bloom

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SourCandy, Sep 4, 2011.

1. so i have the FFoF soil, Tiger Bloom, and Big Bloom. i was just wondering if there Is anyone here with experience that recommends Grow Big for soil and do you think its better then just distilled water with molasses in it?? also how much molasses is recommened per gallon for seedlings and how much of the grow big do you mix in with a gallon? thank you.

2. I'd recommend grow big. Its a great source of nitrogen and other nutes. I'd recommend fish emulsion. Its only $6 a bottle and it lasts a long time. I stopped using grow big and am just fish emulsion and seabird guano. Don't ever stop using Big Bloom. I use that every feeding and watering I use half strength. Stuff is great. As for molasses, make sure its unsulfured molasses. I use the Granny one. Works well. I use about a teaspoon per gallon. Remember to stop feeding molasses about 3 weeks before harvest. It will continue to feed the microorganisms which feed the plant. If this happens, the plant keeps getting nutes and will screw with your harvest taste and smoke purity

3. okay thank you where can i pick up seabird guano and fish emulsion and how do you use it put it in the soil or in the water??? when do you start using grow big? i didnt buy the molasses yet im going to get it tomorrow because im going to feed them tomorrow.

heres a link to my grow:
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/896322-cali-bagseed-box.html

4. also how nuch do you mean by half strength for seedlings on the paper of the feeding sched. itsays 6 tablespoons per gallon and on the bottle it says 1 tablespoon per gallon every other watering. should i just put 3 tablespoons in my gallon?

5. If it says 1tsp per gallon, half strength would be 1/2 tsp per gallon. Fish emulsion is easy to find. Home depot has it for like $6

6. since it's a seedling you want to start with a low amount to avoid nute burn,you can start with less and see how the plant does with it and then build it up to the recommended dose,as for the molasses I won't start using it until the plant has at least a month old adding it that early in veg won't do much because it's feeding off of the nutes,it 's works better as you get closer to flowering,remember the put that schedule according to tomatoes (suppose to be) like greenbug said grow big is good but the fish emulsion is a better product unless you don't like the smell of dead fish use the grow big and remember feed,feed,water,and what I do is every 2 weeks I do a flush so I don't have a build up of salts,has really work good for me and other fellow growers,IMHO. hope this helps

7. Yeah I love using the fish emulsion during veg along with the Big Bloom and seabird guano (12-11-2). I switch to seaweed extract and bat guano (0.5-12-0.2) for flowering. I know they aren't organic but I like using the Fox Farm solubles. I make sure to water heavily between feedings unless its a nutrient hungry strain. If it is, I feed with every watering but I run an equal amount of water as the pot size before feeding nutes