Four Loko

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Praetorian, Dec 29, 2017.

1. The "fad" was pulled off of the shelves in 2010 due to the effects. Based on your commentary so far, I doubt you were old enough to drink back then.
    I've seen much more controlled drinking with Moonshine and Everclear, than I have with 3+ cans of Loko.

Not sure why you're repeating anything in a thread about a beverage you've never tried. Weird.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. #42 killset, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Being able to handle yo
    I've been drinking for over 40 years. 2010 wasn't long ago. And this isn't the 1st drink pulled from shelves because it was directed and causing issues with the youth......and it won't be the last

Ok so explain this to me how is this 12% more powerful then another 12% drink?

I'll tell you how.....its not. It's kids pounding it because it tastes good and drinking to excess.....saame thing with any alcohol that's Frank to excess

This is where you're going wrong. You think when I say kids can't handle there alcohol that's something bad....all it takes to be able to handle your alcohol is to grow up and not drink to excess. Fruity flavored drinks make it easy to drink to excess but that does not make the drink stronger then any other drink of the same alcohol content. Just means it's easier to swallow, especially for kids. The caffeine helps take the edge off and keeps the kid going until he consumes in excess.....thus not being able to handle his alcohol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Obsessed with the kids still.

What other things you've never tried can you repeatedly offer your unqualified opinion on?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. I'll pass on Four Loko. I've heard so many bad things about this drink, it seems a lot like a alcohol version of K2 or something.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Still 12% homie.....you can run your mouth all you want but it's no stronger then any other 12% drink.....its people who don't know their limits, mainly kids, that think it's some super drink

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. better off sticking a hose up the anus and pouring in some everclear

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Fruity, easy tasting, caffinated alcohol to keep the kiddies going. Wasn't the first.....wont be the last

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. So invested in a drink you have no idea about. Most people wouldn't even care about a beverage they never tried, but not ole @killset
    He'll keep yapping about it, no matter how clueless he is. :smoke:

What else do you know nothing about but passionately comment on "bro" ?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Fuck your drink bro. College kids are pussy fuckwads who can’t handle alcohol bro

Bro

:lmafoe:

10. I just realized you're an inexperienced under age drinker and I thought I would explain to you how alcohol content work but in your typical youthful manner you just got mouthy instead.

Still only a 12% drink, no more intoxicating then any 12% drink. Sorry that gets your diaper all soiled but it's the facts. I have quite enjoyed your little temper tantrums though

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. I see you might be drinking right now. :smoke:

Any drinks you do know @killset or just commenting on ones you don't?

12. Time to go drink some real booze....not caffeine and koolaid

Take it easy kid. Been fun watching you get pissed off over nothing

13. Later gramps. Maybe you can try the beverage before commenting next time.

Thanks for your passionate, yet irrelevant input :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. I won't drink a kids drink. Not a grandpa yet either but I can't wait till that happens. Another thing you're wrong about

And it's still not stronger then any other 12%

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Off you go. I look forward to your opinion (maybe) once you know something about the substance at hand.
    So far your contribution is a bit lacking, though oddly passionate. Must have some beef with college kids from way back. :smoke:

• Like Like x 4
  16. Oh lol thnx for the info. I will have to try sometime. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1

18. I think here's the deal with getting "drunk". IME the effects of the alcohol vary by type across the range of spirits and beverages. Getting inebriated on wine is different than inebriation on beer which both are also different from drinking too much tequila which is way, way different than drinking too much vodka etc, etc, etc. IOW even with distilled spirits, malted brews, or fermented wine, everyone produces a different buZZ.

Just saying all alcohols are not created equal be they distilled, fermented or malted. It is entirely believable that a drink could be concocted with an alcohol type or two discussed above and combined with a bunch of different substances who's names end with 'ine' and when ingested in sufficient quantities could result in spinouts, blackouts, fights, jumping off tall objects, and doing all types of unabashed, uninhibited, unbelievable behavior. I get it.

Alcohol is a poison no matter how it's made and its combination with different additives can produce myriad effects many of which are unpleasant. And the buZZ off a beer drunk in no way compares with drinking too much tequila which in no way compares with drinking too much wine. It's got nothing to do with 'not being able to handle the alcohol', rather it has everything to do with the type of alcohol it is, what the alcohol is adulterated with, and how much is consumed.

As for Four Loko, DAMN! That sounds worse than Boones Farm Strawberry Hill LOL.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. @killset actually may have some truth buried in what he's saying. He just doesn't know when to quit gracefully or how to come off appropriate either..which makes him so aggravating.

However, I think we can all agree it is sort of a "kids drink" in the sense that it's for amateurs looking to catch a quick buzz.

20. Precisely this.

It's all the other stuff that they piled into it that made it what it was. This is also why they were forced to remove it.

• Like Like x 2