Four Loko

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Praetorian, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Thanks for your input.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. You're welcome. See where we differ is experience. You still think pounding more booze then 1 can handle is handling your booze. Rather it's 1 or 100 drinks if you're blacking out and getting into fights you are not handling your booze.

12% is 12% hide it in a fruity drink and kids come running to prove how little they can handle their booze. Back in my younger days it was vodka, rum, whiskey in mixed drinks. Now companies have figures out how to make more money putting cheap liqour in koolaid to take advantage of today's youth eager to get fucked up to the point they can't handle their booze and black out

3. Not sure why you have issues comprehending that this one drink, among many others including hard liquor was repeatedly singled out as being particularly damaging. You appear stuck on "kids can't drink".
    Meanwhile you have zero personal experience regarding this, yet passionately keep commenting.

Very trollish my inexperienced friend. Wouldn't you rather comment about a beverage you know something about?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. The last time I drank a four loco, I actually think it was two, I ended up driving to a sketchy part of a neighboring big city to go to the bars. Along the way, the friend I was with and I had to pee so we stopped and unknowingly entered an all African American, saloon type bar. We are the two whitest white girls around for miles...it was hysterical...everyone was like "are y'all lost?" Anyways...we asked for the bathroom and they pointed to the back of the bar. When we weaved our way through we came across a table where I had to ask a enormous woman for toilet paper before even entering the bathroom. It is one of my most favorite memories and it's all thanks to four loco lol

This was also probably back when it was the original formula, I'd assume.

Like usual, in disagreement with killset, I'd have to say It wasn't so much that we couldn't handle our booze, it was more that locos were convienent and cheap and could often be purchased underage at the local corner store. Maybe they were targeted at a specific audience but that was never the argument here...I mean, what college kid is moderating and watching their alcohol consumption, the point of drinking back then was to party and get wasted.

He's a grumpy old "bro" who I think just disagrees for sport at this point.

I never blacked out that I remember, but would I drink one now? No way.

Havent thought about a four loco in a long time lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. I have never heard of this drink..I wonder if they have in my city.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. It's generally sold in gas stations and hoody convenience stores. No one ever claimed it was classy ;), just that it packed an odd punch.

The original formula is no longer available in stores since 2010, as they were forced to take out the caffeine, guarana, and taurine.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. I had my first one earlier this year on my first visit to America, it was awful :laughing:

My little cousins were rushing me all the things they wanted me to try

(Mountain Dew is great wtf is everyone on about? Loved it)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. The taste is rough. It's like a bad soda. Goes down easier when ice cold.

Did you go above 2 cans?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Fully understand, It's being singled out because it's sales are directed towards kids.

It's 12% bro, not some crazy ass high alcohol content drink. Just because kids get fkd up on it doesn't mean it's some super drink. It means their kids who can't handle their booze

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Hah, they didn't even want me to try it, it was auto-dismissed as bottom-tier trash.

Had 3 plastic bottles with the stuff - I forgot the volume of the bottle, slightly bigger than the 0,5l you've seen over here. Want more.

Cream soda too, my goodness. America has a lot of tasty, tasty stuff. maybe its that corn syrup shit I keep hearing about

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. There is lower, but we were broke so we went with what did the trick the cheapest generally.

MD 20/20 was king in that bracket :D

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. #32 killset, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    This isn't the first drink geared towards youngsters thats caused issue and brought public concern and it won't be the last. Make something easy on the pallet and kids will drink it and they will drink more then they can handle. Mad dog is a perfect example. I remember college kids doing the same.

By the way it's funny when people get upset and throw the word troll around just because someone else sees it for what it is...kids doing kid shit

13. Granted the information he provided did mainly surround college aged kids, it also was a big thing for the homeless people around here.

Mad dog as well lol you find empty cans and bottles thrown all over the place.

I think the point of all of this was that for being easily sold in convenience stores it was a cheap trick to get plastered with. "Kids," homeless people, Santa Claus it doesn't matter who...It's easy for anyone to over do it on something they find tolerable, fast working and easily attainable.

Yipes. You're a barrel of fun. <3

@VikingToker cream soda is so gross!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I thought the point of the OP was 'does anyone have any experience with IT?'

Maybe I should go back and read it again. LOL...shaZZam!

• Like Like x 3
  15. upload_2017-12-29_13-33-16.png
    upload_2017-12-29_13-33-32.png
    upload_2017-12-29_13-33-58.png
    upload_2017-12-29_13-34-42.png

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. exactly...
    His info didnt just mainly surrounded college kids, it ONLY surrounded college kids and underage drinkers. Broke kids and broke homeless people pounding a cheap easy flavor to swallow. Of course they are going to drink more then they can handle. Doesnt make it some super high powered drink though. Cheap fruity alcohol, every drinking kids dream. 12% is 12% just like many other drinks. Cant get around that 12% though. Its just the newest, cheap fad to get a buzz that kids are getting carried away with. A cheap drink broke irresponsible kids drink to excess and the homeless drink to forget

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Afterwards, since you keep harping on the college kids, it was mentioned to you that it affects older people just as well.

You're still here, talking about a drink you've never tried? ....because "college kids!"

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. It's just a drink bro. It's not some super powered beverage. It's a 12% by volume drink, just like many others only this 1 is focused mainly on irresponsible kids making irresponsible decisions. Like I said it's not the 1st one and it won't be the last. We all went through that phase. Rather alcohol or something else, kids are prone to go over board. Especially when it tastes like some fruity kids beverage

Unless you're saying they're lying about the alcohol content and it's much higher? It's just a cheap fruity drink, nothing special. It's not any different then any other drink with the same alcohol content. You have alot to learn bro

I still find it funny you're getting bent out of shape over the facts

19. You're repeating yourself.

Still never tried it yourself yet still insisting on commenting about what it "is" or "isn't".

Oddly misplaced passion "bro". :smoke:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. And you're repeating yourself....only difference is I'm repeating actual facts. You on the other hand think this is something more powerful then it is because kids drink too much.....isnt the first time, definetly isn't the last. I remember when everclear was a big issue with underage drinkers. You want a powerful drink have a few sips of that.

This loco stuff is just the next fad pushing it's way through the younger kids. It is what it is.....and that's 12% alcohol by volume