Four Loko

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Praetorian, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Who has had experience with this beast?
    [​IMG]

Apparently enough people to warrant a website that specifically focuses on how wrecked and reckless someone got partying with this drink.

Four Loko Stories

Others warn against its consumption, due to the punch it packs. The private stories featured on the 1st site tend to support the warnings.

Four Loko Caused Death?! Even United States Banned This Alcohol Drink!! - The Coverage

We partied with it a lot during college, and I've seen people get black out drunk on it several times.
    A good buddy of mine, a hypernerd who'd never harm a fly, once got into a fight at a house party on two cans of Loko. Chicks, who were generally fairly "good" girls, would turn into Vegas strippers one or two cans down the road.
    I have yet to see anyone drink 3 cans and not black out eventually.

On one hand, I enjoy the drink because of the crazy fun times I've had with it personally. Luckily, I survived those, although a lot of stupid acts were committed.
    On the other, I'd never want my kids to drink this. Two cans down, decision making skills are generally severely impaired, but energy is increased. A bad combination. Worse than on any other alcoholic beverage I've come across, and I'm in bars a good bit.

Anyone else had any experience with this? Good or bad.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Pharmacologically what's the deal?

Apparently the old formulation is illegal here (caffeine + alch).

Maybe just dumbasses drink it?

Does it have sugar? Was going to say I'd try it, but I don't like sugar in my liqour

3. #3 killset, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
    Sounds like a bunch of college kids that can't handle their booze. Koolaid drink and all.

4. Not at all.

I know my way around hard liquor, Moonshine, Everclear, Absinthe, etc and I've been long out of college.

Loko looks and tastes like a koolaid drink, but 3 cans will absolutely wreck most people.

It was known as "blackout in a can" for a reason.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. The old formula had caffeine in it (on top of a bunch of other stuff). Plenty of sugar.

After one-too-many incidents of people getting devastatingly drunk on it, the manufacturers were ordered to take the caffeine out. Drink still continues to have a weirdly powerful intoxication effect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Ok I was wrong it doesn't sound like it......it IS a bunch of college kids that can't handle their booze

7. I'll take it as you've never been near it. Cool.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. I wouldn't drink that shit. You don't drink to the point of blackout if you can handle your booze. See that's what kids don't understand. So they bury the flavor of alcohol in some super sugary drink so they can drink themselves into stupidity. That's not handling your booze bro.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Dude, I get it. You've never touched the beverage in question and cannot participate in a conversation about it other than blasting "kids who get drunk".
    Perhaps you'd be more comfortable (relevant) in a thread where you have something to contribute in regards to the original post?

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. Disagree all you want bro. Take that garbage into a beer and shot bar where booze are handled everyday and you and the other kids will be laughed out the door. It's a kids drink, directed at exactly who you are talking about......college kids that can't handle their booze. So far everything you've said backs that up.

I wouldn't drink that shit because I don't drink koolaid flavored drinks.

• Like Like x 2
  11. "Never touched it, don't know anything about it, will never touch it."

Thanks for your input.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. #12 killset, Dec 29, 2017
    No I wont. I'm not a college kid. There's nothing strong about 12% bro. College kids look for the easy buzz so throw in whatever sugary drink and their you go, drunken college kids not handling their booze and blacking out. It is what it is and when you get older you'll understand. Until then enjoy your fruity drink. Hopefully someday you'll be adult enough to handle your booze

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. #13 Praetorian, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    Lol, either poor reading skills or willfully trolling.

No one is new to other beverages here, as was pointed out to you already. No one is still in college even.
    You are fixated on pointing out how much you hate college kids' drinking habits. Most people do.

The post isn't about college at all but about one particular beverage that happens to stick out in its effects. On college kids or adults who drank it. You would know this if you had any experience with the subject at hand, but you don't, so you focus on hating college kids boozing.

Thanks for the passionate yet irrelevant input.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Blackout= Can't handle your booze.

And on a girly koolaid drink that's funny. Ill use girly since college offends you. Youre examples were of college kids. Shit bro wine is as stong or stronger by volume
    Sorry bro it is what it is

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Looks about like a 24oz can so that would be equivalent to like 3-4 glasses of wine depending on the alcohol content of the wine. And kids are blacking out from this......

That's pretty lightweight actually. College kids are getting soft these days. Fuck we partied hard when I was that age.

16. You're obsessed with the college part "bro". It has been pointed out to you that it does the trick just fine on adults as well, but you refuse to believe it because "12% is weak and zomg college kids!".

By your flawed logic, no one should ever get drunk on beer, because the average beer is around 5-7%.
    I'm starting to doubt you've done any partying at all:smoke:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. No people get drunk on beer alot by drinking enough
    One 24oz can of 12% by volume to hit black out stage is pretty damn lightweight is all

18. No one blacks out at one.
    Everyone I've seen, college age or in their 30's blacks out after 3.

They don't black out after wine. they don't black out after beer. They don't black out after hard liquor.
    This drink however, for whatever chemical reason has been making people act up more than your average alcoholic beverage.

If you believe you need a high alcohol % to get destroyed, then you don't know basic drinking.
    Three 22oz cans of 12% alcohol + all the other chemicals they jam in there is plenty. Makes sense that people report the devastation they do.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Don't see this kind of rah-rah over beer or hard liquor.

The drink came under major fire in 2010, as colleges and universities across the United States began to see injuries and blackouts related to the drink's misuse. The University of Rhode Island banned this product from their campus on November 5, 2010.[10] The state of Washington banned Four Loko after nine university students aged 17 to 19 from Central Washington University in Ellensburg, Washington became ill at a house party in Roslyn, Washington. The students were hospitalized with blood alcohol levels ranging from 0.12 to 0.35 percent (a level of 0.30 percent being considered potentially lethal) and one university student almost died, according to CWU President James L. Gaudino.[11]

In October 2010, following the hospitalization of seventeen students and six visitors, Ramapo College of New Jersey banned the possession and consumption of Four Loko on its campus.[12] As a result, Worcester State University stopped the sale of all energy drinks, and they as well as Boston College have informed their students of the risks involved in consuming Four beverages. By November 2010 dozens of other colleges and universities sent out notices informing their students to avoid the drink,[13][14] while several more have placed outright bans on their campuses.[10]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. #20 killset, Dec 29, 2017
    Whole article is about under age college kids not being able to handle their booze. Thanks for backing up what I've been saying. Much easier when it tastes like a kids fruity drink

• Disagree Disagree x 1