Four 6500K T5 High Output Grow Bulbs?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Ms.NatureFaerie, Apr 7, 2009.

1. I have some plants that I just started inside a little PC starter/veg chamber and I obviously need to prepare for a larger setup for when they outgrow the current one. I was wondering if four 6500K T5 High Output bulbs would be sufficient for a grow area around 60x40x60 (LxWxT). I am looking at a few setups and that is the largest possible dimensions. I may end up going a little bit smaller though. Anyway, thanks for the help and input in advance...as always.

:wave:

2. T5s are good yes. take a look at my PL-L lighting info. I think you will like it alot better.
    I was going to use 2 2700k and 2 7100k bulbs each bulb does about 5000 LUMENS!!! so i would have 220 watts w/ about 20k lumens wiht 3/4's the heat. Take a look :wave:

3. I appreciate your input. I looked at the thread for PL-L lighting. I had never heard of it before and perhaps this is because you bought them in Hong Kong or something? I think I remember reading something like that lol.

4. PL-L bulbs are 2G11's. or high output T8's. I found a few guys that i get lights from here in the US. They are from Hong kong but they work. I dont think I will be using them either so I may pout them up forsale, since no1 can find PL-L 55 watt 2700k's ....... here is another link to make them yourself and save how much cash on lights take a look

T5 bulb setup and frame for you

or you can make the pl-L setup like this DIY PL-L