Found soils!

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Patricia Clemons, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Yes. Sorry, I misunderstood...

• Like Like x 2
  2. think i could buy the poo, bonemeal potash and just mix it all in a big tub a couple weeks before it goes on the garden bed? Or would it be better to throw the meal down in the garden, then poop on top like originally mentioned?
    Or mix everything in the garden 2-3 weeks before going outside

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Yes mix it all in the beds now and then plant mid May or after last frost date. You can start the seeds indoors now

4. And i have off work for a day coming up! I’ll do that! Thanks for the help Framia. I was a little afraid of over nuting in the garden beds.

Eventually when i have some time one year i aim to make a soil thats good for years!

low 30’s at night right now. chance of snow and rain coming up. By time may hits we’ll be looking good

5. No worries. Every year or 2 you will need to add the basics like manure, bone meal, potash as the plants use them up. You can leave some lawn clippings dry in the sun and use it as a mulch to retain moisture and turn in some leaf matter in the fall for a little worm food. A good soil still needs attention every now and again.

• Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]
    tilling the land. Throwing the dead leaves and hay and weeds in a container, will probably dump somewhere... Will this become good to plant things in next year? Or is something needed to be added...

Compost ya could call it

7. #27 Patricia Clemons, Apr 12, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Well heres what i have! [​IMG]

And 8 bags of composted cow manure and organic manner. 40lbs per bag (they feel lighter)

Just a little worried how to combine these. I dont want the dolomite lime to raise or lower it (ph) by too much!!

Lets say my grow area is 10x10. maybe 12x12. feet.

this should be enough? Or maybe a few more bags of poop.

I was planning on dumping all the manure in a bin, then mixing.. idk maybe a cup or two of each of the goods, stir and throw on garden.

[​IMG]

8. @Framia

9. #29 Deleted member 1070567, Apr 13, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2019
    What is the composted manure mixed with? Does it say what the volume is rather than weight?

10. another site says 4square feet per bag of coverage
    Composted Manure with Organic Matter

its 0.5-0.5-0.5

it really is hard to ssee wtf
    [​IMG]

it was really cheap but doesnt smell like manure, 2bucks per bag/40lbs

11. Yes that is very cheap. It say 40lbs for 100 sq/ft which is roughly the size garden you have. Mix it directly on your garden with the lime, bone meal and potash as per directions

12. those directions are interesting as a gopher. I was going to bury the plants in the shit. Do i c right? You mean 1 bag = roughly my garden size, i have so many extra bags if so.

The dolomite lime scales it seems to current soil ph.. will need a meter then, my ph meter is for liquids maybe ill make a slushy thing tomorrow

13. 1-2 pounds if potash spread.
    4lbs of bonemeal and dolomite lime.
    Slush ph test before adding this stuff rang in at 7.5.

[​IMG]

after 8bags of cow composted manure
    [​IMG]

Taking any tips :)

picked alot of rocks, leaving rest idk maybe drainage heh.
    Good wormy garden, ill still dig up like a dozen and toss em in for fun