Found an iPhone

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by M1chael, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IMO your selling yourself short by turning your back on honor for pretty much a hard drive

2. theirs an exspoite in the iphone find it and unlock the phone change the meif thingy your talking about and get acount with t mobil lol last exspoits were fixed/updated theirs still a exspoite:D

3. WOW

What a dick move.

Should have dropped it off at the main library desk.

Karma is a boomerang.

You may have an iPhone now, but you're either going to get caught/lose something very valuable to you. So enjoy! :wave:

4. Well I'm sure they went and visited the Library and asked em if they found an iPhone, which they did not.

5. I don't even believe in karma, but that was just a shitty thing to do. Just because it was left in the library doesn't mean that it is yours to take. It doesnt belong to you! I'm not going to sit here and call you names but while you may now have an iphone (which will probably soon be deactivated) someone else out there is missing theirs. What a terrible world it would be if everytime you accidentally forgot something it automatically means its up for grabs. Fuck that. That's not how shit works. Do the right thing and at least make an effort to get it back. Grow up and realize that every choice has a consequence. /rant

6. QFT. a $700 item doesn't deserve to be stolen, seriously. it puts people through a lot of stuff that they don't deserve.

7. Go back to school ffs...

8. If you just had your iPhone stolen, would you want to go ahead and promote iPhone theft by buying a stolen one from eBay?

9. All this talk of karma and theft is making me sick. He FOUND the phone, not stole it. Sure it would of been nice to try and return it but to outright call him a thief for not doing so is just ridiculous.

10. Thank you,damn that shit was getting ridiculous....sigh...

11. Oh, lucky me, I found a car just sitting there by the sidewalk, by this coffee-shop. The door was open and all. All I had to do was hotwire it, and I can use it as much as I want. Yay for me. I found it, it's mine now.. :rolleyes:

Not a thief my ass.

I get it if you find money on the street or something like that. But really now, returning a phone to its owner is the easiest thing in the world, and the owner will be gratefull and possibly reward you. Not least, doing good, makes you feel good.

12. You sir are an asshole.

13. Whether it be a phone like this..[​IMG] or like this [​IMG] they
    really should've kept up with it,I mean if you found one your not going to just
    leave it there...and if you try to return it and no response...what are you going to
    do trash it? I Doubt it...Just let it go,OP already found it awhile back,All yalls posts
    aren't going to change anything.

14. #54 Sinister, Sep 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2009
    ^^^

Totally. The found defense doesn't really work, because you know someone owns that phone, your basically stealing.

Main Entry:\ttheft
    Pronunciation: \ˈtheft\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English thiefthe, from Old English thīefth; akin to Old English thēof thief
    Date: before 12th century
    1 a : the act of stealing; specifically : the felonious taking and removing of personal property with intent to deprive the rightful owner of it b : an unlawful taking (as by embezzlement or burglary) of property
    2 obsolete : something stolen
    3 : a stolen base in baseball

Main Entry:\tthief
    Pronunciation: \ˈthēf\
    Function: noun
    Inflected Form(s): plural thieves \ˈthēvz\
    Etymology: Middle English theef, from Old English thēof; akin to Old High German diob thief
    Date: before 12th century
    : one that steals especially stealthily or secretly; also : one who commits theft or larceny

Heh, damn internet. Also I'd be willing to bet whoever lost the phone definitely went back to the library and asked if they found a iPhone.

15. It says with the "Intent to deprive the rightful owner of it" im pretty sure OP
    Didn't "Intent" to steal it (IM GEUSSING NOT) point being OP found it
    (This is all in the past) why would you waste time about something that didn't even
    happen to you and your arguing over the comp with a random.

"See Ya":wave:

16. im pretty sure apple is going to drop at&t once the whole contract thing is over... thank god

17. I've been wanting an iphone for a while, but am hesitant for now, since i don't really care for at&t and their wallet raping antics....although..any other company might do the same. I heard that when their contract is up (2010 i think) they will continue to do business with At&t, but not exclusively. I think their #1 choice for alternative companies is Verizon. So they would provide iphones and full service through at&t and verizon, so they could cover both major types of cellular networks. verizon and sprint are CDMA as opposed to at&t which is a GSM network (at least in north america)

plus, i'd still like to see a few more features on the iphone, which they are certainly capable of. including a flash for the camera, front camera in addition to back one, for video chat/calls... and wtf.. switch to an LED backlit LCD display or even an OLED display, rather than a traditional LCD display will make the batteries last a long longer.

btw... i'd return the phone. an iphone that is not fully functional is no better than any other phone.... which is why i don't get all the hype of jailbreaking.

with any luck...it belongs to some hot broad and she'll thank you appropriately:D

Would be funny if the person who lost it was also a member here and read this post.

if i lost an iphone or anything of value in a public place, i'd ask them to let me see the security cameras. if they did, i'd see who took it, whatch for that person, find them, beat there a$$ take back my property in addition to whatever cash they had on them just on principle.

18. #58 carvershores, Sep 17, 2009
    Exactly, he didn't steal it. He found it and just because he simply chooses NOT to take the time out of his day to return it doesn't mean he automatically becomes a thief. He didn't take it with the intent to deprive the owner. He took it because the owner was careless and left it in a public place... What if we were talking about something other then an iPhone that OP wasn't even interested in, would he still be a thief because he didn't take the time to try and return the lost property?

How the fuck are you gonna try and compare a car to an iPhone? A car weights around 2 tons and NEEDS A KEY to move. In order to "find" a car you would have to take it by force and not only but that the license plate, registration, etc... would still be registered to the owner. Finding money on the street is a lot different because there's no way to verify the rightful owner. What if the OP simply doesn't want to go out of his way to return the phone to someone who carelessly left it in a public place. Sure it's kinda immoral because he COULD(probably) find the rightful owner, but he certainly isn't a thief because he chooses not to.

19. #59 vegajr27, Sep 17, 2009
    How do you know the owner of the phone wasn't in the bathroom or looking for a book? Maybe the person left the phone because they didn't think anyone would steal it. But it was stolen by OP. If you take property that isn't yours = thief.

20. i hope you get caught using the phone jackass

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.