Found an iPhone

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by M1chael, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exactly. He asked what we would do. Most of us have said we'd do the decent thing and return it, even if a finder's fee needs to be asked.

Guess he should've gone to ThiefCity if he wanted to hear that he should just keep the phone. GC tends to have some pretty decent people.

2. So your telling me that instead of going to eBay and buying a new one for $100-$200 some idiots would pay AT&T $700 for a new one?

3. He was looking for advice, not criticism, and a lot of people said they would return it. He made his own descision though, and chose to keep it. You don't have to follow advice man, it's there to use if you want to, and coming back after he made his choice and calling him a thief isn't really constructive.

4. But it's the absolute truth, whether he wants to hear it or not.

Threads don't begin with a caveat. Had he wanted to exclude anybody who was going to call him a thief (he knew it was going to happen) then he should have said so at the beginning.

Nobody needs to hold their tongue just because he decided to keep the phone. If people held their tongue when something unjust or just not right goes on in the world everyday this place would be worse than it already is.

5. I guess there's really no point in argueing, but I never condoned him stealing it. I would personally return it, because I've had shit stolen from me enough times to know it sucks, but there really shouldn't be anyone calling anyone anything unflattering on GC. You seem to be worried about thieves and dishonest people ruining GC, I think a bigger problem is the disrespect that goes down in 99% of the threads that get started here. There was just no reason for people to continually call him a thief and a loser after he made his descision other than for the sake of name calling.

6. This. Plus the fact that he didn't steal it, he found it. Big difference...

7. Then we will have to agree to disagree, because I don't see it the same way as you, and I already explained why.

8. if you dont return u karma will rape you in the ass twice over.

9. Return the phone you fucking thief. I hate thieves you all fucking suck dick.

<-- had lots of shit stolen

10. i would take that shit back man

11. u know they're gunna cut off service to that phone eventually and then if u wanna make it work you have to buy the information package (minimum 80 dollars a month) it sounds like you can't afford it anyways, just give it back and don't be a slime ball, make the world a better place.

12. This is what I was talking about, you don't have to call people names to get your point across.

13. Fuck that, you should return it for a finders fee, -rep for being a dick! The least you could have done was try and return it, call a couple peeps from there contact list, saying you found the phone and want like a $100 to return, that is still shady, but not as bad as just keeping it!

14. OP,

I can only hope the same or worse happens to you some day.

15. Carver, if you're going to insult me and pass on bad rep then at least take the time to learn some grammar when doing so.

16. OP, what goes around comes around. Taking advantage of anothers misfortune when times are tough for you is not cool.

And for the people who are saying he didn't steal the phone, he just found it. Stealing is taking property that doesn't belong to you, period.

Man, doesn't anyone get satisfaction anymore by doing something nice for someone else? Can you imagine the reaction of the person if you returned their brand new phone. That would make my day. It's really unfortunate there are so many selfish people in the world today.

17. dont return it most people are cheap and wont give you anything. unlock it and put it on tmobile or sell it on ebay unlocked and jailbroken i sold my old one for $550 used because it was unlocked and jailbroken. good find, if the person wanted it, they would make an effort to get it back which apperently they have not done.

18. What about an application called "me".
    You can always find your phone with this app.
    i heard you can also turn it on and off, erase all the data, and find it on google maps.

i dont have any personal experience with this app but i saw the demo for it on the apple home page.

19. look for any contacts on the phone that sound like a dealer's name or a nickname, so you know he smokes, then meet up with the guy and ask him to smoke you in on a blunt as your reward. or if he doesn't smoke still return it ffs.

20. I'd return it although i can totally understand your perspective. Trust me karmas a bitch and you want her on your side.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.