Found a seed/herm. What to do?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Grumbledore, Jun 1, 2015.

1. I took a bud off of my plants last night and found a seed in it.

I'm about 10 days off of harvesting and was going to start the flush today

I've got 4 plants in my tent and I've checked them all and can't see any signs of herming. Should I chop them all now? Could this seed be a 1 off or will it have affected the whole plant and the others.

The buds look like they need a little longer but I don't want it filled with seeds

2. you gotta find the 'male' plant or even a single flower, but if you found just one there will be others
    your choice to trash or be searching them seeds out?

3. #3 Storm Crow, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2015
    Seeds are no big deal! Most of the cannabis that the hippies smoked had seeds! (I was there, I know! [​IMG]  )

To deal with seeds, after curing, just let your cannabis get bone dry! Then, grab that big wire mesh strainer from the kitchen and rub the buds through the strainer. Nicely flaked cannabis falls to a waiting plate or bowl-  seeds and stems stay in the strainer. [​IMG] Put the clean cannabis into a jar, add a few drops of water (or wine), put the lid on and shake. Let sit for an hour or so and check the moisture level. Adjust by leaving the jar open, or adding another couple of drops.

Now about that seed, it is VERY likely to be female, whether it will hermie depends on its genetics. If it is "selfed" (self-fertilized) the odds are it will be another hermie. [​IMG]  If the pollen drifted to another plant, the odds of going hermie go down, especially if it is on a plant that did not hermie.

I grew out some (gifted) seeds from a grow where a plant went majorly hermie - very good pot, just seedy as all get out, so I got out the strainer and got the seeds out!  [​IMG]  I planted 6 seeds from the bag, 5 were normal females, 1 was a hermie.  I thought those were reasonable results. [​IMG]

Granny

4. With respect Storm.. times have moved on...I too have smoked the included seeds, for about 5 years in my younger days,

then one day we read that one can grow seed free weed(sensamilla?) and with seed sorting alway being a post cure hassle, and with so many broken and shattered trics, we made quality hash outta the rubbed weed, and besides I never liked the taste of seed weed ..Ugh! ...lol

5. I don't take it that he was saying that seeded bud is better or anything lol he was just saying it ain't all bad and trying to give buddy a solution to his problem ... But anyway back to the issue ... What you do with the herm really depends on the state of your garden do you have other plants that still need time to mature and appear to be heavier yeilders if so then yes I'd cull out that herm a little early to hopefully minimize the male effects on the rest of the garden