found a plant growing in the woods

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Chief rocka, Aug 5, 2011.

1. i would say that if you were able to find this plant without taking great pains to do so, then it may have just been someone throwing seeds. i think you should take the whole thing. better you finding it and someone losing a plant, than cops or forest rangers finding it. either way the plant would disappear, it's more a matter of who finds it than who rightfully owns it. other people may know about it, and may be watching for it to grow and develop more.

2. This plant was alone, he found 2 more near by and says one of them is a male. It really could be old left overs too, shit happens, i've come across old plots in port crescent, well outside the port up in the hills a bit. Sometimes people wont grab everything. (no buds just a sick dying plant)

Shit i came across a complete plant in October last year while hiking at lake quinault. It was beyond ripe and rotting, so i guess really you do make a good point.

3. Geez, you got it all wrong. Here i go again: I found a plant in one place and two others- male and female- in other place. Distance between is 2 kilometers (1.24 miles) That one which i found first is still growing and i chopped only my second find- all seedy one. Now since it is dryed i picked out some seeds and smoked it- it gave me a little buzz and that's it

4. #64 jamesz, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    I gotta go with potographer because it does take a lot to grow I'm growing right now and it is not that easy well it can be if you do your research and try to limit your mistakes but back to the real answer I would say leave it there because someone has to be taking care of it if it looks that good and no seeds damn thats like finding $100 on the sidewalk but then again if nobody has been over there to harvest or anything it probably was just a seed thrown into the field

5. could be either way, but im leaning torward some random plant, not someones guerilla

but op you never said, was the soil around the plant different then the surrounding soil?

i mean was it by the trail or did you wander around and see it.

i dont think anyone with brains would plant in the open close to a trail...

6. soil looks like normal, it has no changes from surrounding soil

7. yeah i highly doubt that was someones grow op.

was it close to the trail? how far?

8. to the people saying "stop stealing" and shit stfu you know damn well you're just fucking jealous and that if you were so lucky as him you would to the same fucknig thing i know i would. that's the risk of outdoor grows.

9. lol well if it was tended for and everything that would most likely someones i wouldnt take it thats fucked up. but yeah you can see that theres no way that someone has tended it i mean really? would someone let weeds and grass grow all the way around it? no thats nutrient stealing from the plant so therefore its not tended. otherwise I'd snag that bitch up soon as its ready:smoke:

10. #70 hodji killer, Aug 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Agreed, cure in jars you'll get the weed smell. As for taking someone else's grow, I wouldn't return a Loto ticket. But hey, I've been told im an asshole.

11. And as far as karma goes, maybe this is karma biting the grower on the ass and not the harvester.

12. Hey man straight up no matter what everyone else is saying about you stole someones plant, fuck them you didn't take shit, I've been growing for 10 years and any growing would never just keep a make by a female that's fucking retarded, thats probally last years grow the amazing they sprouted back up or someone tossed out seeds, nice find though to bad it's seedy

13. Thanks for the support! :)

14. The rule is if you find a unkempt plant in the forest your allowed to take a little bit (no more than 20-30%) just incase it is someones. This will not ruin their crop (even if its one plant) and it will let them know someone found it and to move the plot next year.

If its got evidence of being cared for you leave it alone. Not yours, not worth the possibility of some grower getting mad at you in the
    middle of the forest over drugs.

Basically you follow the rule, what if it was mine?

I thought this was common sense :) or was like 10 years ago.

15. pin a 5 dollar bill to the plant and wait 2 weeks if the money and or plant is still there take them both

16. and to whomever was saying this plant doesn't look psychoactive i think you need to take a closer look at the trich structure on the leaves that says otherwise

17. and upon further inspection the plant appears to be surrounded by male plants,only a seed breeder would do something like that...nix the 5 dollar idea i'm almost convinced thats a wild growing plant i would allow it to do it's thing and collect the seeds from the buds and use them next season

18. Lets see, stealing a plant, or planting marijuana on someone else's property where any 11 year old kid could ride by and get it. They both seem pretty wrong to me.

19. Really? A 5? If someone found my plants and left me a 5, I wouldn't take it! The grower won't want him to know its an op. If it was my plant that was found, I would want someone to think it was wild, and then try and beat them to the crop, or camp near-by and keep an eye on it.

20. ^^ lolz wow. the plant is not even tended for its been pollinated chill out its worthless bud might as well be called mid but still get some good seeds from it and might get a good high