Found a kitten

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kool Aid, Sep 6, 2010.

1. So tonight... actually this weekend I'm staying with a friend who lives in BFE. We're out back smoking a black and mild to kill time when I hear this little meow, so we look around and find this itty bitty kitten under his deck. Normally I'd think oh cool some ones car got out but this guy lives in the middle of NOWHERE. So I'm like ok... what do we do with this thing. I figured if I left it out there it'd eventually get eaten by something and I was about to finally head home anyways so I put it in the car and hit the road.

Most of you are probably like cool story bro because this story wasn't so great, but I'm sitting here with this kitten like WTF did I do. It seems cool enough and I'm keeping it. So far I've given water and a can of tuna. Tomorrow I'm gonna go out and buy it all the necessary cat things, and I suppose give it a name.

I never planned on ending the weekend with a new cat.:smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  2. you should let US name it!!!!!

3. If it's a girl name her Mary Jane. If it's a guy ummm Patches?

4. That is so fucking adorable. "itty bitty kitty" hahah I squee'd. Props for saving it. :)

Congrats on your new kitten!

5. I have two stray cats. We found one in a parkinglot (just over a year ago) and another my friend found in New Jersey and I actually drove two hours to go pick it up (just a month or so ago)

For starters-- your kitten is almost 100% likely to have the following:
    Fleas (obviously you can tell)
    Mites (dirty looking ears)
    Worms (poofy extended belly)

If you have a PetCo near you (at least around here) Every saturday and Sunday they have a Vet that is there, you can go and have them check it out. Tell them you found it outside and they will give you worm medication and a test kit to send it to make sure it eventually is worm free. You will have to get it vaccinated in a few weeks (depending on how old it is-- which they will be able to tell you when you bring it in) and you can bring it back to them- they do like $300 worth of shots for $75. If you don't have a Petco take it to the nearest Animal Shelter or Vet [though that could get pricey]

Pick up Kitten-safe flea bath and do not give it a flea collar or let it play with catnip, as it's likely too young for both. Give it a bath. Check it for fleas. Give it another bath because you probably missed some fleas and if you still see it, give it one more bath. I gave my first kitten four flea baths the first day and another every other day after that cuz we kept missing them. Pick up a flea comb they're pretty cheap and trust me- you don't want fleas in your house they're horrible and very difficult to get rid of.

If it's a littly bitty kitty then it's probably too young to be away from mommy. KMR is a kitten milk substitute that has all the nutrients a growing kitten needs. Pick some up it comes in powder and liquid (Powder is cheaper) and follow instructions on the back. You may need to bottle feed it depending on how old it is

It will need a small tray to use for the bathroom and a bed or blankets to keep warm and snuggle with. Buy it a toy or two as well because kittens are REALLY playful when they're that little. My new one is all over the place :)

Please promise to take proper care of the kitten and follow the steps I told you- or else you should just bring it to a shelter where they will take care of it correctly and give it to a good home. Its for your own health as well- bringing a sick kitten into your house can get the people in your family sick too (I caught a cold from my most recent kitten, and turns out she had an Upper Respiratory infection)

my first kitten- she had a broken leg:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and our newest addition

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best of luck with your cute fuzzy <3

6. ArtsyStoner420 the second picture you posted is the cutest cat ive seen. I like dogs more but if id ever get a cat id want one like that:D

7. They're both just too cute for words. My big cat was not happy when we took the little one in though because she was the Princess. They're friends now though.

OP- lets see some kitteh photos ^_^

8. Hey artsy, how young is to young for cat nip? My kitty has been playing with my roomates big cats and he is 4 months. How bad is it for them?

9. Thats how i get all my kitties :3 cause i live kindof out in the middle of nowhere and there are a lot of stray cats. Some of them always end up getting lost and stuff so ill just tame them and shit xD

10. Any name ideas yet, OP?

11. Holy shit this free cat is expensive. Time so sell a nut.

12. pics! i want a kitten so bad.

13. My mom found a kitten around this time 2 years ago. She brought him in and he is the cutest, cuddliest, little pain in the ass lol. Cats can be annoying, but they are very fun to play with and mine is almost loyal like a dog. He always follows us around and sneaks up on us and stuff.

14. Yeah it's unfortunate but true. Try to go to Petco or the animal shelter and tell them you found a stray- they are usually willing to help you out rather than just take on another cat they'll have to be responsible for. You may even find a place to do the shots and take care of it for free. Best of luck and keep us posted!

15. Cats are awesome...Take like no work...Feed, Clean the litter and pretty much it...:)