found a guy in my back yard :(

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by planty, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Today, a guy was running from the police and ended up in my back yard. He saw the plants and thought for sure I was his new found buddy. I was dumb on several levels and will never hear the end of it from my husband. I stupidly went outback to talk to this guy. He was trying really hard to be friendly and I kept asking him what the fuck he thought he was doing.

He then went into my garage and I followed him. I kept saying he needed to leave because my husband was going to be worse than the cops on him. He asked to trade shirts with me. He was like 120 pounds I'm .. not... I told him I couldn't do that. He then grabbed my sons bike and headed to the fence. I said," Oh, come on man, don't do that. My son won that bike in a raffle it would crush him."

He then says well your plants are a lot of money sitting there give me a ride and the cops wont see them. I said "um, I'm legal, I don't give a crap about those plants money wise." so he tries one more time to get me to let him in the house to hide and I said, "Dude, my husband is home you better run." He did just that and went into my neighbors yard. I went over to check on her to be sure he didn't get in her house. It was very stressful.

Now I'm stressing on if I should just pull my plants. I am legal, I have two plants, one almost ready to harvest (we are talking 2 to 3 days) I just don't want the guy to come back. I don't really care for the plants, I just don't want that kind of thing around my house. My husbands tools that he saw in the garage are worth way more than those plants and would be more difficult to replace.

Would you guys just pull them to be safe? Would you leave them in hopes they pull the plants and leave the garage alone?

2. I wouldn't you've come to far to do that ... Install some motion sensor lights at the least

3. Leave them. If you pull them and he doesn't come back you will regret it. If he is going to steal things from your house he will do so anyway. I would just keep a gun by the bed, and if he comes back...he will be sorry.

4. Man, that's really rough, I'm sorry to hear it.... this made me tense just reading about it. :(

If you're legal, run to an electronics store or WalMart while your husband is home and awake, keeping guard, and get some outdoor game or hunting cameras (usually they'll have night vision and they're sometimes cheaper than weatherized/outdoor cams marketed for security). People can get into serious legal trouble for stealing medical grows, and if your meds happen to be recovered, your local police *should* even return them.

Even if you harvest early, if you've got tools and your garage is easy enough to get into, the guy may come back, see the plants are gone, and decide to just take something else to keep from wasting his time.
    It would be good to have that on camera, and if the cops are aware of him then you may get your items back or some compensation later on, or at the very least the satisfaction of knowing the guy is being punished additionally for robbing you.

If you REALLY have to cut them, and it's a matter of flushing or ripening that you're worried about and they're just not done, flowering plants -can- survive for several days (sometimes, for weeks) after being cut, if their stalks and branches are submerged in water and they receive adequate lighting... like flowers in a vase.
    You can always bring them inside for a few days, and leave them in water near a window or even in a dark room like some indoor growers do before the chop, until you're ready to start 'the big trim'. :)

Either way, good luck!

5. Thank you for the replies. I like the idea of a game camera and some lights. I will just have to remember to keep the garage locked, which I always forget to lock the outside door. I have one plant very close so I have not given any food for a while now. The other plant is not going to be ready until near Halloween. I already have one plant curing in jars which may be why I'm not too stressed about pulling them if I have to.

I was afraid of the cops, but that went away when I realized I'm legal and within my limit. Which is a nice feeling.

6. It's a sucky feeling to have someone invade your privacy like that. I had a tweeker chick run into my place trying to hide when I used to live in a trailer park. I had to talk her down to try and make sense of what she was saying, but in the end it was her b/f she was running from. Needless to say, someone barging in your door while you're in your undies sipping herbal tea makes for a stressful situation. Hopefully everything will be cool and you can let your girls finish out nice and proper!!