Found A Couple Wild Cannabis Plants East Coast Usa, Some Questions

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by daneel olivaw, Jun 14, 2014.

1. #1 daneel olivaw, Jun 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2014
    I don't have pics but its not needed. I found several wild cannabis plants, NOT hemp. I think they are wild because it appears they were grown in the soil at the location, and because they are growing in small clumps, and because the location has not been traveresed by man recently. I have no trouble identifying them. The shape of the leaves, being broad and not skinny, and the spacing on the stalk indicates they are not hemp.

questions:
    1) How did they get here is theres only a few plants? Does it mean there is a larger amount of plants somewhere nearby likely?
    2) Have you encountered this?
    I forgot my other questions but... I would like any information, I am reading about it myself but this isnt hemp so somewhere down the line it must have come from a grow. Im a little surprised, they look very healthy, at first I thought it was definitely planted. It looks like what I would grow indoors.

it means someone walked through there and either rolled or smoked a joint and left seeds...nothing to get excited about... :bongin:

3.  This place is private property, totally out of the way, with no signs anyone was there recently, surrounded by thick thorn bushes and milkweed and an embankment with no reason for anyone to be there. With no trail (except deer trails around), sidewalk, or anything nearby. The only reason I was there was to grow.

remote chance of a bird/bug/critter eating some pot and taking a shit there.... :confused_2:

5. They could have been planted by someone this year..give me the location and I'll go check it out!

6. probably planted by somebody, if you got there someone else could too

7. Is it your private property?

8. Believe it or not, cannabis once grew by itself. With no human assistance.

9. If you're 100% sure it's not hemp then it's probably someone growing out there.

10. Don't grow near a deer trail, apparently deer love a munch on cannabis!

11. a long time go I planted many many many plots of plants. some of these plots I would let to go to seed because it was hard to get clones and buying seeds off the internet wasn't around. One year I forgot about a plot of weed that I left to seed and the next fall I stumbled on it when I was fixing up my plots for that year. when I did come across it I noticed that it was full of plants growing there to my surprise. it survived our harsh cold wet winters. if those can survive that then I believe weed can reproduce year after year after year in cold harsh wet winters. probably someone planted it a few years back and it went to seed and now you have plots of wild weed.