Found a Bug! Eek

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bwitsne, Nov 23, 2012.

1. #1 bwitsne, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    It has no wings, six legs. Looked to have receptors. very small.

I only found them on the floor when I watered the plants which is weird

these are the best photos I could take, I searched all night and couldn't identify them myself. they arn't thripes, aphids, white flies, or anything of the common garden bug. Then i go to several bug identification sites and none have the bug. I even searched for bugs exclusively in my state.

I only found 3, and killed instantly so the photos from a killed one.
    i bought a 4 pack of terro bug cards that supposedly are non toxic and kill all kind of bugs
    this is next to a dime
    [​IMG]

I just got done spraying bug poison outside majorly so Im thinking im just going through a battle of a few bugs but I have no idea how they got through my main door and filter. There is a crack in the ceiling they might have come through.

2. looks like some kind of tiny cockroach to me, probably no danger to your plants.

3. Its a shame you killed it, you should've done it tommy chong style

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrJwm7nq-E8]Smokin A Roach - YouTube[/ame]

4. damn I need a bone like that.
    nice name btw :)

5. I still don't know what that is, but you could try neem oil if they're eating your plant

6. #6 bwitsne, Nov 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
    I have found zero on the plants which is weird, only on the ground. And I found one in the bedroom window dead... I just sprayed for bugs this whole week including today so maybe im just battling bugs coming through the cracks in the walls looking for a non poisoned place.

Is neem ok to use during the budding stage? I am 23 days into 12/12 and have had buds for about 2 weeks now.

Whats bad is if these bugs can get into the grow room, anything could. Im going tomorrow to buy some preventive bug stuff for the garden, sticky traps and such.

It almost appeared to me that these bugs I found were trying to get out of the grow room? and I think they might have come in through the a/c register vent in the ceiling. I tried to seal it off with some filters hopefully that will cure the entry way.

7. [quote name='"bwitsne"']
    I have found zero on the plants which is weird, only on the ground. And I found one in the bedroom window dead... I just sprayed for bugs this whole week including today so maybe im just battling bugs coming through the cracks in the walls looking for a non poisoned place.

Is neem ok to use during the budding stage? I am 23 days into 12/12 and have had buds for about 2 weeks now.

Whats bad is if these bugs can get into the grow room, anything could. Im going tomorrow to buy some preventive bug stuff for the garden, sticky traps and such.

It almost appeared to me that these bugs I found were trying to get out of the grow room? and I think they might have come in through the a/c register vent in the ceiling. I tried to seal it off with some filters hopefully that will cure the entry way.[/quote]
    |

Found a quote by a very reputable blade.

I would take your plants out of the room and check from floor to ceiling for any cracks or opening and seal it. Vacuum, bleach the walls, and try some of the methods in MJmama's quote

8. Yea, I would never spray anything on the plants. I haven't had a chance to get into the grow room yet since the lights are still off but when I do ill check the whole room over for bugs again.

I'd really hate to remove the plants from the room, they are so big I may have to take down my tarp door to get them out of there. Not only that but they would stink up the entire house very fast (experience).

9. [quote name='"bwitsne"']Yea, I would never spray anything on the plants. I haven't had a chance to get into the grow room yet since the lights are still off but when I do ill check the whole room over for bugs again.

I'd really hate to remove the plants from the room, they are so big I may have to take down my tarp door to get them out of there. Not only that but they would stink up the entire house very fast (experience).[/quote]

Then I would enclose them, and move em to the corner of the room while cleaning. Better safe than sorry

10. I think ill do this as a last resort if I find anything else. I have done hours of research and found that this bug is not a pest anywhere. So I don't believe its bad for the grow room but its certainly a eye opener. I sealed the ceiling up last night before bed so I should be all sealed up now.

I read that massive air circulation and fans can prevent bugs from holding on and laying eggs or eating, which I have. I constantly am pulling air out of the closet using a 400cfm+ fan through a phresh carbon filter out the ceiling into the attic and out the side out the house on the eve.

11. I posted over on rolliitup and the peeps there thought I sounded like i was overreacting lol.

Fuck if one bug can get in anything could, aphids, whitelfies, etc. Anyways, i put a stick trap out before bed last night and woke up today to find only one more bug left in the room, stuck to the trap. So ill keep that trap in there, and I plan to buy things to prevent bugs, like aphids and shit.

12. [quote name='"bwitsne"']I posted over on rolliitup and the peeps there thought I sounded like i was overreacting lol.

Fuck if one bug can get in anything could, aphids, whitelfies, etc. Anyways, i put a stick trap out before bed last night and woke up today to find only one more bug left in the room, stuck to the trap. So ill keep that trap in there, and I plan to buy things to prevent bugs, like aphids and shit.[/quote]

Your never overreacting when it comes to the safety of your crop. Sounds like you have it under control