Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Foul taste while smoking sick

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ziggy513, Jan 15, 2011.

1. Has anyone else encountered this? I've stopped smoking because of it, but has it happened to anyone else? It tastes like there's a dead rat in my mouth when I smoke. I don't know the cause considering I can't even taste the food I eat cause I'm so sick.

2. you tasted dead rat before?

3. I dunno man, is your throat rotting or something? Maybe gargle some salt water and clear some phlegm out of there?

4. I've had this same experience. While sick with the flu, the weed that I had at the time tasted absolutely horrible to me. It was so bad that I couldn't smoke it. I thought maybe it was a little residual taste from the last time I threw up, so I brushed my teeth. Tried to smoke again and the same result, just a little mintier lol. I haven't had it happen since, but can still remember that taste. Absolutely disgusting.

5. Yesss. I have the flu, I'm almost better, but it fucking tastes horrible, like I'd stop smoking forever if it tasted like that >:[

6. If its the flu its from throwing up. Itll pass when you're better.

7. The doctor gave me 2 types if inhalers because I was wheezing when I breathe.
    I stopped using it because it was making everything taste nasty. Could this be causing the smoke to taste nasty? I've stopped using the inhalers because I really don't need them, but even when I walk by someone smoking a cig, the second hand smoke tastes fucking AWFUL. I can't seem to get rid of this fucking taste :(

8. I feel the same thing right now in 2021, i had fever and flu and now weed and cigarettes taste like shit , weed doesn't smell or taste like it used to. It's weird

9. Going through this now. Literally taste like tar in my mouth. With weed and cigarettes. I've gargled salt water, took cold meds, etc. and it still taste like it. Hopefully when I get 100% better it'll go away

10. First of all it sounds as if you have COVID-19. Your symptoms match.
    Secondly, WTF are you doing smoking when you have that? Do you want to hasten your arrival at ICU? You ARE vaccinated I hope? If you want to enjoy weed in your condition use edibles.

11. No, it would not be the inhalers. I use Dulera regularly. I use an albuterol nitrate one for emergencies. These do not make weed taste bad for me. I also smoke cigarettes, but even then that doesn't make my weed taste like dead rat.