Forums down

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Miklelottesen, Mar 2, 2010.

1. These forums are down most of the time in Denmark. It has started to happen recently. Almost daily. Right now I'm using a web proxy but I can't visit the board without..

2. It's not actually GC. I'm going to take a stab in the dark, But Im betting your ISP is blacklisting GC, If you can access it via Proxy.

To fix this issue, Change your DNS servers.

If your under XP, COntrol Panel<Network connections<Right click- Properties. Double click Tcp/IP.

Go down and select use the fallowing dns server address:
    8.8.8.8 DNS1
    8.8.4.4 DNS2
    (DNS are Googles Puiblic servers)

If your On Vista/7. GO in to the network options, top left corner there should be a option to change adapter settings, do the same thing from there on out. You should be fixed.

Some ISP's have hardware that monitors connections, and If it sees you connecting to a certain website(IP) alot, Sometimes they will blacklist it thinking it's a spambot/Botnet etc. leading to keeping you off of it.

This should fix that issue, And if it's GC I'm sure you see issues with other websites aswell.

Peace

Will.
    :smoke:

3. Well, I did what you said. I found out that my IP was set to dynamic, even though I thought I fixed that long time ago - that's why my p2p downloads have been so slow ;)

I used the name servers you gave me (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) but it still doesn't work. And I don't think it's my isp; Danish isp's have blocked access to piratebay and whenever I try to access that site without a web proxy, I get a 'Stop'-sign and a text explaining why the site has been blocked. I get a normal firefox browser error when I try to visit the GC forums.

Just out of curiosity though, why should I use these specific dns addresses?