Forums changed? Why? SG thread moved

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Just619, Mar 20, 2012.

1. #21 Broses, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    i think having a different section for each toking tools thing is pretty sloppy. like an above posted said, all it does is make you have to go through several sections just to read what you would normally without doing so

edit:

and my original opinion has changed. those are nice subforums.

2. What you just did is good to me SJ.

at first didnt like how spread out it was, now it seems like it will work well when people are accustomed.

most people dont like change lol, but when they get used to it i bet most will like it more.

3. I'm thinking of deleting the individual glass artist section as i did with the brand name and production companies, as they might well both fall under bongs or dry pieces, and we can use prefixes for the most well known artist and production companies

4. Sure. But you need to make a section that is only for posting questions about all of the types of toking tools that are discussed on these boards. That way they're in a general place that everyone can easily navigate to. Don't need questions filling up all of the other forums and causing traffic.

Those 3 + a section for only posting questions about toking tools = a good solution.

5. Waaaaaa, you didn't ask my permission before changing your site. Waaaaaaa....:cry:

6. #26 Superjoint, Mar 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2012
    Ok boys, and girls, I'm done for today, this is my endgame for now....

[​IMG]

let me know hat you think, it's a team effort :)

Peace
    SJ

7. I approve, provisionally

8. that's better

9. Trying to embrace change but...

What I liked about the GC forums before, was that toking tools was one big giant thread.
    It was like opening up a book, you can browse all kinds of questions and answers and participated in what you pleased.
    This allows for random and new topics that usually cannot be randomly stumbled upon.

This is what seperated GC from other forum boards such as tokecity,glass district, bm, fc.. everyone else seem to have way too many categories.

I feel like its a chore to people that frequent the site often. It makes it feel like I have to look at many multiple categories to see what new interesting things have been posted, unlike before where it felt like a mosaic of ideas.

Just my opinion now.. who knows...maybe it will change after a few weeks of this using this new version...

10. I disagree, with so many posts you need sub sections, and organization, there are about 30 to 50 posts per minute posted on GC, open this http://forum.grasscity.com/search.php?searchid=19227720 and you have your random book, but for the sake of order, we decided to take this new approach, I think it is for the best, and will make it easier for people to find what they are looking for .

Time will tell - Peace SJ

11. I agree some change was deff needed, but its to specific of categorys. Q&A, Glass, Personal Collections, Homemade, Other Tools i feel would be a bit better.

I like browsing and lookin at all glass in general, and now thats much harder. I didnt like all the homemades in with quality glass, so thats awesome. I feel the collabs should just be stuck in with bongs bubbs n drys.

I do like what you guys are doing because change was needed, i just feel it got too specific. Keep up the good work and thanks for listening to blades.

12. #33 Gotalighter?, Mar 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012
    I like it more or less! Just try not to have TOO many sub forums.

I like what you guys did with the apprentice seasoned Q & A. Makes it more obvious what the apprentice forum was for

Mods will prob be crazy busy moving threads around till everyone gets used to the new system though

13. This forum has needed a Q&A for Toking Tools and Apprentice & Seasoned for a lllloonnnngg time. It would solve half of the issues with people posting completely off-topic questions and causing traffic in the discussion forums. Glad I threw my two cents in and it's now being utilized.

14. just trying to listen here to all the voices, kind of hard sometimes ;-)

SJ

15. I've closed the old toking tool for posting new stuff, until everything is moved by the mods to the proepr category, people kept on posting there, it would be a never ending story.

have patience blades

SJ

16. I'll leave some feedback right after I smoke this Smoking Blunt.

17. Love the new bubbler SJ.

.....that has nothing to do with this subject, but it looks great.

Glad you put that gridded downstem in it.

Since i lost my WS double bubble in a horrible accident a few weeks ago, I may be looking into getting this bad boy in the near future for 4/20

Had no idea where to post about it though, since everything is in a transition phase.

18. The new and current setup is definitely an improvement for reason already stated. Nice work SJ.

I just don't think the collabs sub forum is needed. Should be included in the bongs and bubblers forum imo

19. i love the new layout :D