'Forum game' threads

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by scary bubble jr, Aug 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Is it possible to get a sub-forum or something for these kind of threads.

I was just on the first page of the general forum and 11 out of the 25 non-stickied threads were some kind of forum game with over 500 posts. I, and I'm sure lots of other members, do not care about stuff like that, and would rather check out actual discussion instead of a post that nobody reads and gets lost in the masses and has no point.

Thank you

2. Personally, if it were up to me, I'd kibosh forum game threads all together. Waste of space and resources IMNSHO

3. I think it's a nice way for many User's, new and old, to socialize in one big Thread. I've met some cool people just browsing through those Threads for fun, but that's just my opinion.

4. I'm sure that they are fun and everything I just think that they should be moved to a separate area made specifically for them. The get in the way too much and bump other people's threads way faster than they should.

5. Game threads do nothing but clog up the forums with unnecessary posts, and the long ones, well every time a long thread gets opened up it taxes the server slowing down everyone's load times.

Sure they're "fun", but come on how many forums have these very same games?

6. I agree completely, that 'true or false' thread has over ten thousand posts and none of them mean anything.

7. Nothing on the internet means anything really.
    Does this place REALLY need more regulations?

8. I didn't say get rid of them, I said move them somewhere out of the way. I hate going to the General section and half the threads have over 500 posts and I have to skip through to find something interesting.

9. And disable your post count to go up in that sub forum

10. General is where those types of threads belong, unless it's a specific type of 'game thread'.

Really no point in giving them their own sub forum.

11. One possibility is tweak the forum description for 'Gamer's Heartbeat' and put them in that forum. At least it would put all the "game" threads (whether they be about video games, pc games or discussion board games) together?

Just a thought. :smoking:

12. I agree with this! Just let them be where they are .I don't have any problems finding other threads that aren't game ones.

13. Eventually, we will start having to close the long ones anyway because, as WW said, they're hard on a server.

We'll do what we need to with the game threads. I didn't know the T or F one was that bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.