Fortys 2009 Swamp Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by FortysAndBlunts, Jun 4, 2009.

1. #1 FortysAndBlunts, Jun 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
    I figured id make my grow journal today because im transplanting them into buckets and totes today.

I Am growing:

G13 Haze
    Qleaner ( jacks Cleaner x Querkle)
    Thai Super Skunk

I Am growing in:

Pro-mix BX( peat moss, vermiculite, perlite, micro/macro nutrients)
    Organic Soil
    Rich Compost
    Worm Castings
    Bat Guano

My babies were stretching a little but they have fixed themselves alittle, but besides that they are looking quite good.

Here are some pictures of them in solo cups, i will take more pictures when i transplant them today.

[​IMG]

2. while it probably wont hurt to transplant them, you can leave them in the cups for awhile

since they are seedlings, why waste buckets?

what i mean is unless you are going to put 2 or 3 plants in each bucket, then leave just one when they sex, you are wasting material

i would let them grow a bit in the cups, then put them in a closet for 12 hours for a couple of weeks
    once you know which are the girls, transplant them into the buckets

this doesnt apply of course if you have femmed seeds

3. ah fortys, good to see you made a journal. ill definitely be around watching things progress. as for the transplanting, ide let those little gals grow in those solo cups for about another 5-7 days, than i would transplant. because odin is right, they do have more room to grow, and besides just to be extra safe you might not want to disturb the root system yet at this stage. thats just me though. good luck with this one fortys!:wave: is this your first grow?

4. that picture was taken about a week ago, their much bigger now.
    and 1 of them is a feminized seed, so thats going into a 20 gallon tote, then im puting the others in 5 gallon buckets until they show sex, once they show sex i will transplant them again into 20 gallon totes.

5. Its the first grow ive posted on here, but ive had 10 years of growing previous to this, 6 years indoor and this will be my fourth year outdoor.

edit: oh and the soil mix for the seedlings wasnt that great either, it was a no name potting soil and i just added lime and compost because i was in a pinch of time and didnt get paid til the next week(bi-weekly pay sucks)

6. Awww, don't they look purty.

7. damn theyre still young as shit, looks like a late harvest like september n shit
    I started my grow early and indoors for 2 months, cause I gotta harvest next month

8. Thats whats up man. Looks like some good strains! You obviously know whats up so heres to a good Harvest.

And I know EXACTLY where your at with the soil mix! ;)

Huh?

9. probably high, leave him alone

subscribed

10. I had a late start due to multiple factors like I was wayy to fucking mainly working 56 hours a week!!!! But those pictures are like 2.5 weeks old. Their bigger now.

11. UPDATE: I transplanted them today, and let me tell you something, never haul a wet 3.8 cubic foot bale of promix, that shit was heavy as a motherfucker. Ad I'm glad I transplanted them when I did because the roots were all the way at the bottom of the cups. I'll post the pictures of it tomorow because I'm on my iPhone and I'm getting ready to watch the Burn Notice season premier, fuck yeah

12. looks good man. im new to the swamp grow so i will be keeping an eye on your jornal :hello:

13. Sounds good man. I can't see any pics? I'm very interested in seeing the way you set this up. Do you keep them in the pots isolated from the swamp soil the entire time? I'm subscribed. Good Luck :smoking:

14. #14 FortysAndBlunts, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009

Yeas, setup a camoflauged platform raise above the swamp water, the water also works to reflect sunlight and give my plants more, like Mylar paper would do On a indoor grow

15. Alright, so i took some pictures yesterday, the transplant went well,the first picture is one of my plants, and the second is my new grow setup, and yes i know the blue container might stick out, but around here we dont have cops fly around looking for grows and plus theres alot of other old trash around there because it used to be a dumping zone for a company that went out of business 40 years ago. And no one goes there, i find like old 1960's coke botttles with the pull tabs to open them, its actually quite cool to find these things........well atleast i think so.

Attached Files:

16. Good to hear that the transplants went well. :)

17. yea it went pretty well, a part of the root broke off 2 of them but give it a week or so and it should correct itself.

18. Best of luck to you!

I'll be watching:)

19. still young as fack
    starting indoors really helps