Fortune Cookie Mindfuck

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by xpixiex, Nov 14, 2012.

1. So, a few months back I ordered Chinese food. I also received a complimentary fortune cookie.

Upon opening said fortune cookie, the little paper said something like, "Real friends don't charge to spend time with you." That's not exactly it but it's close enough. That's a weird fortune cookie to receive, right?

So, upon applying this to my life, I noticed I was perceiving my martial arts instructor to be what I would consider a "friend." But he would obviously charge me. He even charged me for missing a session which is fair game since doctors and the like charge for missed appointments. So no biggie. So I decided to distance myself a bit. Fortune cookies are serious business, mane.

A few weeks after that point in time, a friend of mine who does astrology asked if I wanted to do a free practice reading. So, naturally I accept. I asked him general questions, and he answered pretty spot on. I then randomly ask him about my relationship between this instructor and I. Everything turned out positive EXCEPT he warned me about him when it comes to financial stuff.. I've told this astrology friend nothing about him except he's my martial arts instructor. I have told no one of the fortune cookie either.:eek::eek::eek:

Fast forward a few months to present day. I come to find out he's overcharging me.:eek:

I'M TOTALLY FREAKING OUT, MAN! GET OUT OF MY MIND!!!

[​IMG]

2. That is a mindfuck, man. Remember those cops on Supertroopers who fucked with those kids after they pulled them over? That was a mindfuck too.

3. It most certainly was a mind fuck.:laughing:

But two separate sources telling me to watch out when it comes to money and this instructor? That's a pretty insane coincidence.

4. Ever hear of a self fulfilling prophecy? You could've subconsciously brought about the result and not know it. Unlikely but possible.

5. What are you going to do about it?

6. Yeah one time I opened a fortune cookie and it was about .8 -1.2 of good kush inside . . .

7. Fortune Cookies give vague fortunes on purpose so that you can pertain it to your life. Someone that is in an industry like martial arts is going to try to befriend you so that you STAY and keep paying. I would never consider him a friend he is your employee. Remember that YOU can fire his ass. As for him charging you for a missed session that is absolute bullshit he is not a Doctor. I goto martial arts and if I can't make a session then I don't have to pay. You are getting gipped. if he was really your friend he would have given you a sweet discount to use his facilities and not charge you for when you aren't there.

8. [quote name='"riverroadjack"']Yeah one time I opened a fortune cookie and it was about .8 -1.2 of good kush inside . . .[/quote]

Where did you get it??

9. [quote name='"greatkitsune"']Fortune Cookies give vague fortunes on purpose so that you can pertain it to your life. Someone that is in an industry like martial arts is going to try to befriend you so that you STAY and keep paying. I would never consider him a friend he is your employee. Remember that YOU can fire his ass. As for him charging you for a missed session that is absolute bullshit he is not a Doctor. I goto martial arts and if I can't make a session then I don't have to pay. You are getting gipped. if he was really your friend he would have given you a sweet discount to use his facilities and not charge you for when you aren't there.[/quote]

You do not have to be considered a friend, to consider them a friend.

10. It could very well be a self fulfilling prophecy. But when I got that fortune cookie a few months back, I really was perceiving the guy as a good friend. That, and I really kept it basic with my good buddy, The Astrologer. My buddy has never met nor has he heard anything about my instructor. He only knows that he's my martial arts instructor.

At any rate that totally shook my foundations when that happened. It was nuts to say the least.

I'll probably just cease contact with him. No point in getting training from someone I can't fully trust.:D

11. I understand that, just was trying to say that he doesn't consider him a friend back so what's the point.

12. [quote name='"xpixiex"']
    It could very well be a self fulfilling prophecy. But when I got that fortune cookie a few months back, I really was perceiving the guy as a good friend. That, and I really kept it basic with my good buddy, The Astrologer. My buddy has never met nor has he heard anything about my instructor. He only knows that he's my martial arts instructor.

At any rate that totally shook my foundations when that happened. It was nuts to say the least.

I'll probably just cease contact with him. No point in getting training from someone I can't fully trust.:D[/quote]

Yeah if he's jipping you, he's probably not the best karate instructor :rolleyes: Good call :smoke:

13. #13 xpixiex, Nov 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2012
    The one thing I'm having trouble understanding is how did my friend accurately voice my concerns with this instructor? Rather, why did the astrology chart come out fine with everything EXCEPT financial in regards to said instructor?

That's a very big coincidence...

My friend doesn't even live in the same state. He's never met the instructor. I didn't tell him much of anything except, "He's my martial arts instructor," and "how is my relationship with him?"

14. TELL ME NOW WHERE YOU GOT SAID FORTUNE COOKIE... OR DIE:devious:

15. Yeah I was so surprised when I opened it . . . China King in Fredericksburg VA

16. You're serious? Haha that's awesome.:hello:

17. now your just fucking me trying to get me to drive to fredericksburg for a hopefull gram... ooh if i dont get anything other then i shitty piece of paper, when i get back you are fucked

18. Once I got a fortune cookie that said something along the lines of "Those who tread upon your wellbeing will in turn receive a punishment worse than deserved" (I think it was that exactly)

As I was walking out, some kid in a snapback said something offensive about my flannel jacket and then proceeded to walk down some cement stairs, stumble on the first step, and hit his face on concrete at the bottom. Cracked his skull and face up really bad.

Theres a life lesson for ya.

19. I'm tellin' ya, man... Those fortune cookies are crazy.:eek:

Anyone else have any strange stories involving fortune cookies?

20. What martial art do you train?