Fortune Cookie knows my situation....

Discussion in 'General' started by Deleted member 197774, Jul 6, 2012.

1. now i know these fortunes are mass produced and randomly put into these cookies, but its like this cookie knows what happened yesterday.

"Clear your mental, emotional and psychic space and you'll see" (it read)

now this is significant to my life because there has been so much bullshit happening lately and i was telling my counselor about it yesterday and she told me i should meditate and it would work for me in my situation.

and basically this fortune is telling me the same exact thing less than 24 hours from the original idea.

is it a sign, or coincidence?

2. It's just a piece of paper in a cookie, man...

3. [quote name='"LSDForPeace"']It's just a piece of paper in a cookie, man...[/quote]

Everything happens for a reason, to take you down the path of life

4. This is in fact a rather perplexing and potentially unsettling idea.

This sparks the question: Do we live in a world that's guided by complex and mostly hidden meaningful coincidences? Or do we live in a world guided by the absolution of numbers? Pure chance over pure will?

I've had some fortune cookies that were basically slaps in the face. Once I got one that said "Very soon you will meet a favorite person from the past" and I walked out of the door of the restaurant and walked smack right dab into my favorite art teacher that I hadn't seen in 9 years.

Although perplexing, maybe it works off of the same logic alot of "psychics" do:

Say enough random shit and pretty soon you'll hit the mark. The rest of the garbage is cannon fodder that the occasional false hopeful will cling on to.

My two cents.