Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Fort Collins, Colorado MMJ Dispensaries banned!

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by ElectroMage, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Alight, so Fort Collins, Colorado had a ballot initiative to ban medical marijuana dispensaries in the city. And it fuckin passed? I used to live up there and there were a hella fuckload of stoners blazing up there. WTF man. I mean it is so damned unfair to do this to the people up there. Basically it comes down to 52 percent of people telling 48 percent of people to fuck off. I think these idiotic voter initiatives need to be changed to require more of a majority than a few percent. I'm a little blazed so I think this understandable---my outrage over this BS.[​IMG]

2. Its been pretty disheartening, seems like every city in the area has banned medical MJ dispensaries, edible production and grow-ops. Loveland, Greeley, Windsor, Longmont. Once Fort Collins goes, that just leaves a few unincorporated dispensaries... or an hour-long drive (which I'm unable to do).

3. We have decided to move to CO in the next few years. It won't be to Ft Collins! I lived in grand junction for years. They also banned dispensaries.

If dispensaries behaved a little more responsibly they prob wouldn't have this problem. Bunch of potheads hanging around outside, dreads, tie die, pot leaves and 420 in the windows. If you want to be treated like a medical establishment, then behave like one. I'm not saying all shops are like this, but it only takes one to piss off a whole neighborhood. As of now, the only legal way is operating and using for "medical purposes", so stick to that guise and don't ruin it for anyone else.

I mostly formed this opinion after watching YouTube videos of the San Fran High Times "Medical Cup". Anyone in the medical community would LOL at the thought of anyone taking them seriously. It's a shame. If it gives me that impression, I can imagine what non-tokers think about it. Just my .02 cents.

4. [quote name='"mikep1098"']We have decided to move to CO in the next few years. It won't be to Ft Collins! I lived in grand junction for years. They also banned dispensaries.

If dispensaries behaved a little more responsibly they prob wouldn't have this problem. Bunch of potheads hanging around outside, dreads, tie die, pot leaves and 420 in the windows. If you want to be treated like a medical establishment, then behave like one. I'm not saying all shops are like this, but it only takes one to piss off a whole neighborhood. As of now, the only legal way is operating and using for "medical purposes", so stick to that guise and don't ruin it for anyone else.

I mostly formed this opinion after watching YouTube videos of the San Fran High Times "Medical Cup". Anyone in the medical community would LOL at the thought of anyone taking them seriously. It's a shame. If it gives me that impression, I can imagine what non-tokers think about it. Just my .02 cents.[/quote]

This guy knows what he's talking about. It isn't something that people should take for granted and flaunt about.

5. I've not seen any dispensaries like you've described, but I know they are out there based on some of the websites I've seen.

If I had any say in government, I'd like to see a few rules enacted towards health and safety (for example; what pesticides or fungicides that can be used, and how late they can be used, handling, etc).

At some dispensaries I've been to, they pick up the buds with their hands. Having a compromised immune system this kinda freaks me (the last cold I caught put me in bed for 3 weeks). They're supposed to be treating sick people, they should run their business with that in mind.

Also, high CBD strains are hard to find. You'd think a medical MJ dispencary would have at least one high CBD strain available.

Maybe only certified herbalists should be allowed to grow and sell medical MJ commercially? I dunno. The medical aspect of the dispensaries I've seen is poor.

Ok, I'll turn Rant-Mode Off. :D

6. I haven't seen any dispensaries like that either.

7. ive been noticing a pretty sharp decline in the movement in CO.
    actually, its been more of an increase in police state than anything.
    was not aware CO was this heavily policed/corrupted.

Im moving to the ocean in a few months. not cali.

8. I keep having a bad feeling about this starting to happen other places too.

I get very disappointed when I see these dispensaries like described above. These HAVE to have something to do with people not wanting them around.

Like stated above, you want to be a business that deals with legitimate medical patients, act like it. Be clean, be sterile, be discreet. To be honest, I won't even try a dispensary that calls itself, "Dr Chronic" and things of that nature.

9. How do they possibly ban something in a city that is legal under state law, which is illegal under federal law? This politics bullshit is annoying. I hope patients get their Cannabis

10. they were supposedly banning marijuana so that they could better focus on education but that funding was out the window to begin with ( rumor from a Fort Collins resident)

11. it is very wierd all of these medi states working real hard to rid of dispensaries:confused:

12. I think the whole medical marijuana thing is bullshit. I know there is a very small percentage that do actually benefit from weed but the way people refer to themselves as patients and shit is disgusting to me. It's like they are so used to telling the lie that they actually start to believe it. We should really get on legalizing it already.

13. #15 ryandoe11, Nov 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2011
    Uhm i think they need mmj in NY. Reppin' ny bronxs... Bs^Csdwn

14. COLORADO PASSED A LAW STATING THAT (oops) that vities and counties will be able to vote as to allow dispensaries. grows ops, kitchenss etccc.....

so really what you say doesnt apply here in CO. out state works really closely with us unlike most.

i thin its a great idea to let cities and counties decide, yes it may mess it up for legit patients, but to give citites and counties the power to do so really makes MMJ more acceptable if the people know they can vote to ban them. unfortunately it looks like ft collins will be banning them :(

oh and to whoever posted about dispensaries attracting hippies and what not hanging around burning bowls, i have never once been to a shop that was like that, tho im sure i know where to find them. but honestly the majority are more upscale than most doctor offfices i have been to, including mine.

15. Yeah, it sucks big time for the owners and employees of the dispensaries. I read that the current ones have 90 days to close now that that stupid ass law passed. But what I hope happens is that somehow they can survive and re-open new dispensaries right on the outside of the city limits.

16. Is anyone really surprised? There was a blade on here a few months back asking about moving to foco and I was like nnnnnoooooooooooooo!!!

Foco might have a liberal college population but that is all surrounded by a conservative agricultural one, too.

Foco has always reminded me of that movie Pleasantville.

17. Unfortunately, Larimer County put a freeze on any new MMJ dispensaries over a year ago, and if I remember correctly they won't process any more applications until 2014.

I believe there's only two dispensaries in the Fort Collins area that will remain open (They're in the County). They've stated that they are only allowed a certain number of clients, so they won't be able to pick up the slack of the other 20 dispensaries that will be forced to close.

Really sad. But that's what came of all the notoriety. In the last two years, hordes of people rushed into the state, to mine the new gold-rush, making the situation very very visible. I think if it had been a slow increase in the number of dispensaries, and if they'd have maintained a very low profile, this wouldn't have happened.

18. i swear the guy that runs mmj on broadway in boulder puts a chunk of hash outside on the sidewalk that looks like a piece of gum and just sits there to see who picks it up.