Formula 1

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by chocobo, May 11, 2011.

1. Eau Rouge and Blanchimont are some pretty amazing corners

2. Valencia was a good race. Watching Practice 1 and 2 now from England.

3. I thought Spain was pretty slow and boring. I don't know why, but I napped through a good part of it and had to rewatch it.

Hopefully we get something better this weekend.

4. Valencia is meh, I'm excited for Silverstone. While I'm an American I've gone to Northhamptonshire twice now. Stayed at Sedgebrook both times, absolutely loved it. My favorite was watching Kimi in 2004.. So awesome!

Cant afford things like that anymore, I'm not longer on a federal wage working for pieces of shit. Sure do miss the money sometimes.

5. I think you "Qualified" just fine on the grid!:hello:...............Topic's F-1 :smoke:

woke up at 2..It's after 3 A.M. & I cant go back to fucking sleep.
    Just smoked some hash..... reading the thread and am going through some memories .

Like when F-1 used to freeze the gap times after an accident or stoppage, then add the clock at the restart.:confused:

For Example:

The restart of a race , after stoppage or paced regroup, would mean that all the drivers still were allowed to keep the gap times that they had at the time of the incident.
    They would be regrouped..........restart, then all the gap times were factored in by being calculated in at the end of the race.
    [​IMG]
    After a restart ......if you ,as the leader , had a 7 second lead on 2nd place driver.........then 2nd place would have to pass & be at least 7 seconds ahead of you to be considered the actual race leader. He would also be required to maintain that minimum of a gap, on that particular driver ,to be considered winner at the end of the race.
    Just Passing the car ahead of you, after a restart ,wasn't good enough due to the gap times before the restart.

It seemed to remove some viewer friendly aspects & real race factors out of it all. It also seemingly added false ones.
    They shouldn't need to race a clock & a field of drivers after a restart.
    Shit happens & it's all part of racing.

although i'm sure If I were the leader I wouldn't mind it so much if I had a nice comfortable gap to rely on near the end of the race.:D

Can't recall the last time they used that rule But I remember.
    & as a viewer....i'm really glad they dumped the rule:hello:

6. Thanks, I've been downloading via Demonoid after the coverage completes and someone uploads. It's always nice to have additional options. I do have a TV but I don't have Speed Channel (their coverage isn't very good anyway compared to the BBC).

RE: Valencia. It holds a special place for me because I've lived in the area, about an hour or so south actually. AND, Vettel is my favorite driver - has been since his debut at the 2007 USGP.

Great Britain is up in the air based on practice/qualifying and the rule changes. Of course England's weather is rarely cooperative. If there is rain it could be very interesting. I don't think anything can match the excitement of Canada but you never know.

7. I think Vettel is a good driver, I'm just more of a McLaren fan, so I'd much rather being seeing Hamilton or Button winning more.

I usually download the coverage as well. I have Speed, but the few I've watched on there aren't half as good as the BBC coverage (like you mentioned). Some days I'm just lazy though and since I have DVR I just record the Speed coverage and deal with that.

8. btw the races will be live at that site as well I have to watch them live so i depend on online streams :)

9. Great race!

10. Haven't got to watch it yet. I've been busy and apparently only one person bothered to upload it. So I probably won't get to see it until tomorrow... :mad:

That being said, did you see Vettel on Top Gear? Not sure if you watch it or not, but he was a guest.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBUr6sDYcms]YouTube - ‪Top Gear Sebastian Vettel Interview + Lap‬‏[/ame]

11. I think you'll enjoy the race. On Demonoid, a few people upload the races so I usually have a couple of choices. I typically try to download all 3 practices, qualifying build-up and qualifying, race build up and race, race wrap-up/highlights, and BBC forum.

I love Top Gear, it's one of my favorite shows! I just watched Sunday's episode, Seb was a great guest...very personable for an F1 driver.

For Top Gear, I download from www.finalgear.com

12. LMAO at 3:36 0n the vid (show) :p

Attached Files:

13. Stopped watching f1 after kimi left.
    MotoGP is way more fun
    And yeah I stopped watching that too after I sold my 1098
    Speed is tooo attractive.

14. #95 chocobo, Jul 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2011

On Demonoid, only one guy uploaded it. I feel dumb though. I downloaded the forum without even thinking. So I wake up this morning ready to watch it, and I'm like..."Oh no, I've got the after coverage!!" Luckily I didn't see anything to spoil it.

I've never watched MotoGP... Should I?

EDIT:
    Finally got to watch the race. :eek: It was super good. So many things I didn't expect. I could go for more like this.

15. MotoGP is fun, Isle of Man TT is insane!

About 3 days and F1 is back on...Germany @ Nürburgring, can't wait. Go Vettel!

:smoke:

16. I don't know if it's the torrent or my internet but my downloads are going S-L-O-W.

Practice 1 and 2 from the German Grand Prix have been uploaded.

17. Have you guys who want to watch the BBC coverage ever tried watching it on BBC iPlayer through a UK based proxy server? Not sure if you'd find one fast enough but might be worthwhile if you want to watch it live... failing that it's probably streamed on the internet somewhere.....

about to sit down and watch practice 1 & 2 now.

18. All around good race weekend. Qualifying was exciting and the race had many battles for position.

And the good news is, only about 3 days or so until Hungary!