Formula 1

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by chocobo, May 11, 2011.

1. I want to learn about this sport, what books are highly recommended?

All I see is racing right now :)

2. Great race, finally got around to watching it last night. Should be an awesome year for F1.

3. I don't know about books, most everything I've learned thus far has been from watching the practices, qualifying, races, and post stuff. It's amazing how fast you'll actually pick stuff up. Learning about right tire choices, stop techniques, the cars, the rules, the drivers, etc... The practices and qualifying are the best for picking up knowledge quick. I used to avoid them because, well, they're not as intense or as fun as the races, but then I learned they're filled with information that makes the races more enjoyable.

4. thanks for the heads up. Now I just have to order a channel where I can watch the races

5. I've just downloaded the race afterwards since it isn't on BBC (commercial free channel) anymore here, worked fine the last 2 weeks.

What you been missing out on...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN2DR1xke58]Formula 1 2011 Season Highlights (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

6. Damn I hate that it's not on BBC. Sky seems very bush league. I think BBC have half the races this year though...I can't wait.

I guess I'll just watch on Speed or Fox if it's on SKY because the HD download had commercial breaks and I don't like the SD version. :(

7. Malaysia definitely did not go the way I was expecting. What a race though. Rain is probably my favorite condition. The races may not be as fast, but there are a lot more unexpected factors that play in. Anything can happen in the rain.

8. Yeah they've got half of them, mostly the European ones I think since we usually get tape delayed replays of the Asian ones anyway (coz they're on at about 5am here otherwise).

Fuck SKY. Rupert Murdoch can suck my dick. I might download the Sky version just so I know I'm stealing off the prick.

9. Chinese Gran Prix was something else. The last 8-10 lapse were intense and really fun to watch. I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but if you haven't caught it yet, I assume you'll enjoy it.

10. Yeah those last 10 laps were amazing!!

This season is shaping up to be really interesting with teams being much closer than pre-season testing hinted at!

11. #212 .AcidTrip., Apr 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2012
    I'v been to the f1 in bahrain ever since they started.

I didnt't really like it that much but i started to appreciate how fucking hard the race is and how talented and hard working the drivers are.

Akala in your sig? hahah fuck yeah man

12. i watched the chineses grad pri and toyota great races amazing the fule and tire savingness fort the toyota insane love F1!!!!!

13. Spanish Gran Prix yesterday was interesting. This entire season has been interesting so far. Five different races with five different winners. After last year's season, it's strange not seeing McLaren and Redbull completely dominating the races.

Also, did anyone read the news about the fire in the Williams garage after the race? Crazy stuff. More than 30 people saw the medical units on site, and 7 were taken away to local hospitals. Apparently F1 and BBC are reporting that no serious injuries were sustained by anyone involved, only minor burns and smoke inhalation. It's assumed that there was a problem with the Kers system in Senna's car that prompted the fire, but it's not official yet. The FIA are investigating it.

DON'T WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE RACE YET. IT HAS SPOILERS ABOUT THE RACE!!!
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lma5UpZTQbM]Williams F1 Team garage on fire - F1 Spanish Grand Prix 2012 - YouTube[/ame]

14. Oh man i wish i could see the race in Austin!

15. I'm too short on cash. I was considering it, but I just won't be able to afford it this year. I'm hoping next year I can see it Canada though.

16. Does anyone know where I could find a good quality live stream of the practices, qualifying, and races? I would like to find the same for the GT1 World championship if any of you know as well.

I have tried to just download them but someone ALWAYS ruins the results for me before I get to watch. Thank you! :)

17. I usually use vipbox.tv for all my sports streaming. Yet to let me down.

18. Thank you! That is the one I found searching the other day and it does work really well. I like the chat feature it has too.

19. What county are you in Rezo?