Former Tea Party Governor Makes Possession Of Bong A Felony

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DragonMage, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Own a water pipe? In Florida, you'll go to prison for five years.
    \nIt's another sign that the Tea Party meme is an excuse to institute more statist coercion. Florida Governor Rick Scott has signed legislation that will make possession of a pipe a third degree felony beginning July 1. A third degree felony in Florida could result in a five year prison term, a loss of the right to vote (for career politicos like Scott), and a lifelong criminal stigma.

Back in 2010 the Tea Party rallied around Scott and it was acknowledged that the party was largely responsible for his election victory.

In all fairness, the honeymoon ended soon thereafter when Scott showed his real colors, most recently when he had a Second Amendment supporting sheriff, Nick Finch, arrested.

The Florida Tea Party support for Republican Scott is simply another example of how politically naïve Tea Party members are. That naivety resulted in the near effortless takeover of the Tea Party by Republican operatives who scoured it of any original libertarian influence or connection to Ron Paul. It was quickly reduced to a cheering section for the establishment.

Rick Scott is “really the Benedict Arnold of the tea party/patriot movement in Florida. Most conservatives feel betrayed by him and members have been calling me and saying they want him fired,” Everett Wilkinson of the South Florida Tea Party told the Associated Press.

Scott is a tax-and-spend Republican who exploited a sophomoric Tea Party to get elected. He is a true blue lover of the state and believes in the divine right of government to rule over the individual and use violence against him. Due to this, Scott thinks he has the right to put people in corporate-run prison for possessing the following:
    (a) Metal, acrylic, glass, stone, plastic, or ceramic smoking pipes, with or without screens, permanent screens, or punctured metal bowls.
    (b) Water pipes.
    (c) Carburetion tubes and devices.
    (d) Chamber pipes.
    (e) Carburetor pipes.
    (f) Electric pipes.
    (g) Air-driven pipes.
    (h) Chillums.
    (i) Bongs.
    (j) Ice pipes or chillers.

The Tea Party needs to get with the program or face irrelevance. It needs to get out of the establishment Republican Party and return to its roots, if that is even possible.

http://www.infowars.com/former-tea-party-governor-makes-possession-of-bong-a-felony/

2. Wtf. That's so fucked up. I know people who use them for tabacoo. And what about hookahs? Are those illegal too?

3. Goddammit Rick Scott. wtf am i supposed to do?? I can't use any type of pipe, not even wood !?!?
    I feel sorry for anyone who owns a head shop in florida, they just got royally fucked. 

4. Use papers....avoid felonies....you can always flush or eat a joint, hard to do with a bong.....

5. :eek:  That's got to be the most ass-backward move since prohibition itself.  I highly doubt this is what the people of Florida want and in this day and age it's absolutely the wrong thing to do.  How much is it going to cost the state to enforce and prosecute this bullshit? 

6. Hey, psssst, Ricky... Look, I'm still smoking from my bong... And fuck you Ricky... Go figure, the redcoats put a Medicare frauder in office, what did you expect would happen... He's paying back Medicare... Lol

7. assault rifle ok, bong not ok.

Will they arrest those carrying apples, as well?

8. Such bullshit...using this to get more people in the jails huh?

9. What a cunt...

I don't live in Florida, but if I did I would own a bong.
    I would probably break it over this guys head.

10. Reality check: this governer, like Feinstein in california, will use his corrupt ideology to put a lot of people away. Then, amidst scandals and corruption sometime down the road, he will be reelected time and again. Like Feinstein, those in Florida will talk amongst themselves, questioning how and why this guy keeps getting reelected when nobody claims to have voted for him and, like Feinstein, one extremely biased area of the state will support this naziism.

It gets better, ah logic.those over bearing bible humping Christian tea party freaks will watch their children teeter off to college, where like Amanda bynes, their chastity belts will break free and what could best be described as a hippy orgy of drugs, sex, and alcohol will consume them for four plus years.

Then, as they near their prospective futures, their addictions will go in the closet, their parents money will bury scandals that should be on the forefront of their careers and they will become the same tea party overbearing Christian hypocrit morons their parents were, because it takes one to know one. And then eventually, they will hold positions of power, seeking to eradicate the behavior they know oh so well, as hypocrits often do.

The more things change, the more they stay the same, said a frenchman once.

11. all it takes is someone to take his actions to a federal court as unconstitutional, start a recall petition, something to remove/prevent/expose his constitutionally illegal actions...

You can act, do something, or whine...the choice is yours Florida citizens (or sheeple if the fleece fits...).

12. What can we do Cball??

13. i wonder if the sentence stacks per bong if so id be goin away for life i think good thing i live in Oregon now

14. Recall petitions to have his ass kicked out of office.
    Sue, take the actual offending legal entity (the law, bill, executive order) itself to court a federal court.
    Big sign holding marching protest and get the info on the news so the old folks can see it, all of it, not just what the Governor wants them to see so they support his sociopath ass.

If you don't want to risk being arrested over fighting for your own freedoms, rights, liberties, then you should get used to being oppressed...and enslaved.

15. #15 jmick, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2013
    I don't think he'll be re-elected....people here hate him...and I don't think we can recall the Gov. in Florida....

Just checked, and no elected officials in Florida can be recalled...unless proven to be engaged in criminal activity....according to state constitution......

16. I don't follow politics very closely, and I don't live in Florida, but that Scott guy is FUCKED, he's done like 3 or 4 things that I've read about and just been like 'are you fucking kidding me?'

17. how the hell did this guy get elected?? This is the biggest joke since George W Bush

18. I wondered te same thing, the night they elected him. He frauded Medicare 300 million dollars as CEO of a hospital (or something like that) and then the old farts in Florida choose him?? It's so ridiculous.

19. Meanwhile, upwards of $60 billion in Medicare fraud each year, much of which had been propagated out of Florida's  "medical supply stores."

City of Detroit just defaulted. Things is crumbling nicely, my fellow Romans.

20. Yeah....college was fun.