Former President Bush

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Buddy Dink, Apr 18, 2010.

1. I just want you all to take a second to acknowledge the fact that NO ONE LIKED FORMER PRESIDENT BUSH!

I think you guys are all fucking insane when you keep going on and on about how everyone hates Obama but everyone reveres Bush as a saint, because guess what? No one revered him as a saint. He was one of the most hated presidents in our history, but you people make it seem as though everyone loved him and now they hate Obama because he is black. This is simply untrue, and anyone who really took the time to think about it will realize this.

People despised Bush. More so than people currently despise Obama according to approval ratings.

Fucking nut jobs, I tell you. Don't get caught in the mother fucking trap of red verse blue. They're all out to get us, and if you guys didn't seem so ready to forget the last 10 years of our political landscape, you might take the time to notice that.

2. Down the memory hole with ye!

[​IMG]

3. I also would like to point out that Bush was treated much in the same way that Obama is being treated.

When Bush first came into office, his legitimacy was questioned. Remember how he 'stole' the election?

When Obama first came into office, his legitimacy was also questioned. The whole 'birther' bullshit.

Bush has a very vocal and very angry left-wing anti-Bush problem. Who can forget the years of 'Bush and Cheney are war criminals', 'No Food For Oil!', etc., protests that went on. Of course, they weren't covered in the MSM, because extremist leftists weren't considered part of the mainstream political audience.

Obama has a very vocal and very angry right-wing anti-Obama problem. Of course the Tea Parties and all that. The difference between the left-wing Bush detractors, was that these detractors were not in the political 'mainstream', they were seen as rowdy kids who were 'fighting the man' (rebelling against their parents), and nothing more. The Tea Partiers are different, they're working class people, and many of them have been apathetic voters who rarely vote or get involved in the political process.

The thing that gets me, is that everyone is acting like this Tea Party shit is new. We have just ended half a century of left-wing rallying everything they disagree with, and when the right-wing picks up where the left-wing left off, it's all of a sudden some huge extremist movement that believes the government did 9/11, etc.

The double standard from the left couldn't be any more clear. It's really sad, actually.

Also, here's some pictures from anti-Bush protestors.

Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years

4. Imagine how weak Obama would be if he were white. The left's most powerful, and overplayed, weapon is the race card.

5. Pretty much.

I wonder how they'd respond to Obama criticism if he was white. Damn, that would be tough!

6. Impeach Obama.

7. Racist.

8. Where is George now ?

9. Public speaking, when he ain't out playing cowboy

10. It seems after the election, brush clearing is no longer a top priority.

11. Racist.[/QUOTE]

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

12. Funnily enough, we can just as easily call him white as we can call him black... The media portrays him as black, but the fact is that when you say 'if he were white', you technically just as easily could portray him as white and say 'if he were black' etc. Food for thought...

And Bush was a joke - a nice enough guy, but not even slightly intellectually fit to run a country. Obama isn't an amazing wonderful fantastic saint, but fuck, at least he isn't Bush...

13. Hahaha! Superb logic. I'm sure history is rife with great leaders who had wonderful regimes of peace that started with "Meh, at least he's better than that last guy....."

14. Certainly, exactly what you specified has been the direct cause of every bad political regime ever to come into power. Ever.

But seriously, you're actually right, that's exactly how I feel. I'm not American, I'm not effected by anything Obama actually does in America, and Obama hasn't declared war on any impoverished little countries in the desert yet. So, until he does, I say "Meh, better him than that other guy..." and continue to sit here in comfortable (and highly fashionable) apathy. :D

15. dude, no one likess the president unless hes like JFK or something. and no one is revering bush as a saint fool! where are you getting this??? and no one but racist hate obama cause hes black, jsut the fact you mention this makes me wonder about you my friend. and waht do you mean YOU PEOPLE huh???

16. read some of the threads round here (anything by drontek is a good place to start) and you will see exactly the OP's point.

As for Bush i never liked the guy after the unusual voteing practices in his first term.

17. No it is actually all of the fucking Obama fan boys around here that say, "Where were all you haters when Bush did this or that?" after Obama has been bashed for something or other. In all honesty if you have to ask that question I'm not going to talk to you because you must be retarded. I mean, my memory is kind of shot... I smoke a lot of weed, but at least I remember the last ten years unlike some people here.

I don't much care for dronetek's blind loyalty to "Republicans" though, either.

18. #18 edward, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
    Here you are acting like which guy is in the White House actually has any effect on policy... :laughing:

19. #19 Postal Blowfish, Apr 19, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2010
    Yes, it's the President playing the race card right here.

edit:
    It seems kind of useless to cry about racism when you're willing to employ a little of your own. It starts to feel like it was only brought up to piss people off and make people say dumb things.

As to the OP, President Bush won a very close election by losing the popular vote and if handled properly, also would have lost Florida. President Obama won in a virtual landslide. Apples and oranges. Also, Obama is practically either following Bush's direction or acting like the anti-Bush: taking too much time to weigh options, trying to compromise with insane opponents, trying to do things carefully. Bush not so much.

You act as if there was no reason to be suspicious and later upset with Bush. The right has already reached about the vitriol of the Bush years at their worst and regularly takes steps beyond it, and this President hasn't even lied the country into a war, created a recession, outed spies, exploited 9/11, or any of the other things he did to piss people off. Shit, there hasn't even been time for anything like that.

Extremists of all stripes need to simmer down if they ever want to see meaningful leadership in this country.

20. umm please don't compare shit with shit. Compare them to JFK or someone on that caliber.