Former Oink members, what site are you using now?

Discussion in 'General' started by emdyeks, Jan 5, 2008.

1. I got on What.cd right when it came out, and it's friggin awesome, seems to be just as good as Oink was in its prime, and What.cd is only about 2 months old! :eek: I do have 2 invites, but unfortunately they have shut down registration so i can't use them. They also started my account w/ 10 gigs already uploaded, so I basically have 10 gigs of free downloads before i have to start uploading anything! Oink never did any of that for me. :eek:

2. I'm shying away from torrents man. OiNK was supposed to be the exclusive, you gotta be in to be in, you know? If you are a part of a private torrent tracker, it is most likely already on the radar and looking to be shut down. The hype around What.cd was so huge man, even people that didn't know what a torrent was couldn't help but come across hearing it. I've been using rapidshare, not nearly as good, but gets the job done.

3. werd, but Oink did last several years before they shut it down. :eek: I hope what.cd stays around though, I'm a power user on there and I didn't even upload anything! :eek: So far I have not found anything that Oink had that they don't have already on their, and it still downloads like 1 meg a second. :D

4. OiNK takedown was huge... With the publicity of torrents and the OiNK takedown, plus IPs being able to shape their traffic, and see what kind of data is being sent through their system, torrents aren't safe man, I hate to say it. Direct Peer-to-Peer filesharing is almost dead, we're going to see a huge shift in the way music is pirated in the next couple years, and I won't be surprised, I'm even predicting, that the old way of anon BBS systems is going to make a huge comeback.

5. what if hypothetically I knew a way to download torrents from private trackers without the private tracker knowing I am downloading from it? Like it does not get logged on the site at all.