Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

forgot to decarb, what to do?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by opag, May 2, 2017.

1. Hi,

I completely forgot to decarb the hash before putting it in the melted chocolate...
    Can I reverse it in some way? The hash chocolate is cooling down in the freezer right now.
    Should I re-melt it with some oil?

• Like Like x 1
  2. I tell you, I'm not sure on this one. Since it will be more or less a waste as it is, adding some oil and cooking at a low temp in the crockpot for 24 hours may complete your decarb. Good luck. If you come up with something that works please post your remedy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the advice, I will try something and report back afterwards.

• Like Like x 1
  4. What I did was I put it in the oven at 250F for about 30 minutes, then I mixed it nicely and then set it in the freezer for 1 hour. Then it was done.
    I ate a couple and it didn't do much, but then I took two more and it seems to be working alright. I probably should have put more hash though since I only used 1 gram this time around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Glad you got some positive results. One gram of hash at 75% THC will give you 750 mg divided by however many chocolates you made. It's always a good idea to try an idea out small scale before going all in. Good save, mate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Unfortunately once cannabis is bound to the oil your stuck with what you have as even extended processing doesn't really do much IME. I've been working with hash-coconut oil long enough (5 years and 10,000 caps) to know when I screw it up I'm stuck with the results. A missed decarb means very weak if functional at all batch I usually give to a friend as it's useless to me. I've run multiple heat and freezes trying to activate a blown load of oil to the point it's tasting over cooked and toasted past good flavor and still no real kick to it. Nothing like a proper decarb and cycle does.
    Done right my hash oil is wicked scary strong to the uninitiated and I have to tone it down to just a few drops per capsule for new users.
    Hallucinating Hash Capsules for Hemp Heads
    [​IMG]
    BNW

• Informative Informative x 1