Forgiveness.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by need2knowbases, Feb 24, 2012.

1. A short question. To forgive someone, is it a natural reaction, or a decision that a person has to make?

2. I'll tell you this.....you will never know true peace in your heart until you can let forgiveness in. Forgiving people is good for your soul. It's more about helping yourself then absolving the person who wronged you.

3. It's definately a decision.

Assume that... your woman had sex with another man;

it's entirely up to you whether to take her back or not.

You draw the lines.

4. honestly im not sure. so many people say that you shouldnt forgive people if they do things to you because they could hurt you again, but then another group says that you must forgive and not hold grudges to let love into your life and cleanse your soul. its hard to decide but i guess you just need to be careful with certain people.

5. When I was younger and my heart was harder, I went by the motto: "Forget Nothing, Forgive Noone."

But now that I am older and in a more comfortable and secure place in my life, I realize that my hard attitudes were not protecting me but instead were hurting me. I carried the burdens of a bitter and angry man. But now, I search for ways to "Forgive and Forget" and life is much easier for me and kinder to me.

I believe we should forgive as much as possible, wherever possible, whenever possible, for our own good. When you forgive someone, you unburden yourself of hate. You don't need to carry around all that negative energy. True forgiveness is a wonderful and refreshing and rejuvenating experience.

Try forgiving one person who's greivance is long since burried in the sands of the hourglass. Forgive that one person in your heart and see not what it does to you, but what it does for you.

Best Wishes to all

6. [quote name='"Thinker2357"']When I was younger and my heart was harder, I went by the motto: "Forget Nothing, Forgive Noone."

But now that I am older and in a more comfortable and secure place in my life, I realize that my hard attitudes were not protecting me but instead were hurting me. I carried the burdens of a bitter and angry man. But now, I search for ways to "Forgive and Forget" and life is much easier for me and kinder to me.

I believe we should forgive as much as possible, wherever possible, whenever possible, for our own good. When you forgive someone, you unburden yourself of hate. You don't need to carry around all that negative energy. True forgiveness is a wonderful and refreshing and rejuvenating experience.

Try forgiving one person who's greivance is long since burried in the sands of the hourglass. Forgive that one person in your heart and see not what it does to you, but what it does for you.

Best Wishes to all[/quote]

Well said.

And to reply to above post about a cheating gf, forgiveness does not mean its ok and does not mean you should take them back that is a different decision all together

7. Thank you, everyone. You all raise excellent points. I guess I just have a lot to think about.

It's difficult, because, I want to forgive this person so bad, and just when I think I have, I'm reminded of what happened in usually a completely random way, and all the emotions that tie into that come pouring back in. It gets to the point where I think that it isn't fair to the other person, and then I just end up feeling worse.

8. Forgiveness shouldn't simply be given away though with no consequence, a person must show that they deserve it. I'm all for not holding grudges, but if a person were to wrong me and show no penitence; I would write them off as trash and forget them.

9. It depends if they even deserve forgiveness in the first place.