Forever on Medical Record?

Discussion in 'General' started by SnapBack, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Quick question. If you talk to your doctor about thinking of having a certain medical condition, will it be on your medical record?

When I was attending school, I had problems with paying attention as I would be distracted quite often. Being young and naive, I thought I might have ADD/ADHD and I went to my doctor about it. The first visit, he obviously asked me questions and went through the diagnosis. He later then said that I need to see a neurologist to further the diagnosis. So I went home and had the number in hand, but I decided to do more research. After understanding what ritalin and adderall would do to you, I was thoroughly disgusted. However, I started to realize, how did I just spend 4-6 hours on one subject [researching said drugs] if I were to have ADHD? Then I realized, I could do anything I actually put myself into and concentrate on subjects that provoked interest in me. My problem was never ADHD in the first place, I was just bored. From there I changed my classes and courses to where I had interest in.

I told my doctor that I never went to the neurologist, and instead I went for a lower carb diet [I really don't know why I said that, I didn't want to say the whole story I guess] and he nodded and we moved on.

I am just wondering my inquisition of having ADHD will stay on my medical record, and if it does, will it prevent me from applying for a career that does not allow ADHD medical history?

2. #2 Deleted member 638051, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    Sounds to me like you were never officially diagnosed or treated for it (beyond personal-initial consultation) I wouldn't expect any record.

BTW, good on ya!

3. is there even a single job like that in existence? Id be shocked

Specifically speaking, military service.

However, there are a few out there like being an astronaut.

5. Weird. Apparently if you never took meds for it you should be okay. I'm sure its probably one of the more likely things to be waived regardless

If you could feel my feelings of reassurance after reading that, you would be euphoric. phew

7. Haha glad to help, there are a few adhd related requirements but in your case I dont think any apply and you should be perfect.

I was on addy for adhd for a year or so when I was in middle school. When I was trying to go to the navy it never even came up so I was unaware it was an issue. Next step in my process was meps so maybe I wasn't far enough along for them to catch.

shit, you were in the navy?

9. Dude, if you live in Texas, you will get the death penalty. If you live in Florida, Zimmerman will kill you.

10. No no, meps is where you get final screened and sworn into service. I was right before that.