Foreigners banned from buying marijuana in Dutch town

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Bogrow, Jul 22, 2010.

1. #2 PennLaxPlayer, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    So let me get this straight.... If a country is part of the European Union, the other coutnries can basically create local laws in that country? I understand nothing about the EU can someone enlighten me, I'd google it and try to learn but I'd probably miss anything relevant to courts.

If that the way it works you guys are screwed. Supreme court rulings that create law don't go over well here and we are all Americans. It's basically the same idea if thats the way it works.... But I cannot see Spain governing Portugal, going good, nor could I see Romania attempting to govern Hungary or Bulgaria. Or what if Romania challenged the law banning nazi flags in Germany?

Europe is the center of all warfare and they're stepping on each others toes? I just dont get it.

2. "We don't want tourism. Fuck you."

That's how I read it. Anyone else? :)

3. Pretty much. :(

4. exactly

5. Yes, in Europe the laws change almost as often as many growers change strains. Almost any breeder who has lived in Holland can attest to this. Many have had to change, or move their operations due to local laws, or due to the country changing something. It happens. Chances are, it will change back once they see how bad it effects thier local economy. Think about it: getting stoned creates thrist & hunger, so the local restaruants, as well as the local coffee shops will suffer which means money lost to the local economy. Tourism will go down, I mean 70% of their business, this means that they will easily lose 40-50% or more of tourist visiting their city. The only problem is that many of the smaller shops would be the ones that suffer first, and close, leaving only the bigger more commercial type shops which is probably where all this comes from.

Amsterdam is way too commercial, the bigger more mainstream shops there have pushed the mom & pop back alley shops out and when I was always there in the 80's these smaller shops had the best quality stuff always. I was very unimpressed with Amsterdam my last visit there in 2K, howeve ri visited Rotterdam and found it more to my liking with far more superior bud than Amsterdam had.

6. It is not as confusing to me as 14 states having m/m laws for a schedule 1 drug that remains schedule 1,while the Justice Department which oversees the DEA,memo's that m/m will not be interfered with as long as it follows state laws and the DEA continues busting what appears to have been a legal m/m grow op.
    I am confused by m/m being still considered without medical benefit but the AG allowing it to continue. It must be out of compassion.

7. [quote name='lessismore']Yes, in Europe the laws change almost as often as many growers change strains. Almost any breeder who has lived in Holland can attest to this. Many have had to change, or move their operations due to local laws, or due to the country changing something. It happens. Chances are, it will change back once they see how bad it effects thier local economy.