Foreign policy scoreboard.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthrnSmoke, Aug 4, 2012.

1. The reality is that the Middle East wars are fought to maintain the Dollar's status as world reserve currency, to enrich bankers, oil companies, and the military industrial complex, and to expand state power and control as much as possible. They have absolutely nothing to do with needing oil. Of course oil is needed, but there's a far superior way of obtaining it, drill for it domestically or pay other suppliers for it, it's pretty simple.

This statement is a contradiction. If everyone kept to themselves, conflicts can't happen.

2. [quote name='"Lay Low"']

The reality is that the Middle East wars are fought to maintain the Dollar's status as world reserve currency, to enrich bankers, oil companies, and the military industrial complex, and to expand state power and control as much as possible. They have absolutely nothing to do with needing oil. Of course oil is needed, but there's a far superior way of obtaining it, drill for it domestically or pay other suppliers for it, it's pretty simple.

This statement is a contradiction. If everyone kept to themselves, conflicts can't happen.[/quote]

I guess I should have been more precise, cheap oil is what they want, it'd cost a lot of money to through someone else, the middle east isnt exactly a huge place of revenue besides for weapon providers,and oil companies, oil is definitely the number one reason,

The last point was alittle sarcastic, I was trying to show that when America and the world did nothing, problems escalated, usually by secret alliances and countries not doing anything when a conflict starts and is rising quickly,

America attempted isolationism, and eventually got involved in two world wars,

The point was that shit can get out of control if no one does anything, like numerous genocides that America watched patiently

3. You can relax homie, in the text you quoted from me, i never once said you supported israel, i asked you questions, based on what you already said, in order to understad your position (assuming you have one).

Your right, the united states needs oil, this is a problem in itself. Perhaps if the people stopped allowing their government to violently influence oter countres to keep it flowing, we may be forced to find other solutions.

Conflicts break out with or without our intervention. Perhaps you could give just one example of how our interventions have prevented "all out war".

4. Always wondered who noticed that stuff besides me lol.

5. hes just as slimey as any other politician - the whole thing really frustrates me... I think the public should impliment a zero tolerance policy on strategic political lies. Oh, 'im gunna shut down guantanamo - please vote for me', 'thanks for that, suddenly an expansion seems like the best course of action'. Mind you even if every voter in the country had a problem with it, its not like we live in a democracy and could change it or anything. Same with cannabis, even if 98% of people were for legalisation, its beyond our control (the control of the people who supposidely appoint the govt. lol.