Ford v. Ferrari (2019)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, May 26, 2019.

1. The true story of the battle between Ford and Ferrari to win Le Mans in 1966.

According to Matt Damon, Christian Bale had to lose 70 pounds before filming began. Bale had previously gained a lot of weight for his role in Vice (2018) and had about seven months to lose it all and then some to play the lean race car driver, Ken Miles. Damon inquired of Bale how he managed to lose all the weight to which Bale replied that he simply didn't eat. Damon said he was impressed by Bale's monk-like discipline.

Ford v Ferrari explores the true story of “an eccentric, determined team of American engineers and designers, led by automotive visionary Carroll Shelby (Damon) and his British driver, Ken Miles (Bale), who are dispatched by Henry Ford II with the mission of building from scratch an entirely new automobile with the potential to finally defeat the perennially dominant Ferrari at the 1966 Le Mans World Championship.”

“This is David vs. Goliath vs. Goliath,” states Christian Bale. “You’ve got the industrial Goliath with Ford and the charismatic Goliath of reputation with Ferrari, and then this true story of the triumph of the misfits. It’s these two friends figuring out how do you deal with these a–holes in suits who know nothing about racing. It transcends racing and becomes something that captures the spirit of people who are willing to risk everything for their love.”

Ford v Ferrari is set for release in November and also stars Caitriona Balfe (Outlander), Tracy Letts (Lady Bird), Josh Lucas (Sweet Home Alabama), and Jon Bernthal (The Punisher).

GT40 one of my favorites

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. out 15th November 2019 ...bummer!

3. I'd like to see that, Ron Howard's film Rush ( RIP Niki Lauda ), was cool. I like Ron's directing.