Forcing Lowryders to flower?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SsNgNg, May 4, 2009.

1. I am growing 2 feminized Lowryder x Santa Maria....and they are growing insanely slow. I have a 125w cfl grow light above them, with an additional 4x 23w cfl bulbs. They have been growing for maybe 3 weeks and are tiny, but starting to really explode. Anyways, there is not sexing yet, but I only have a month left before I HAVE TO HARVEST (time constraints on the place where they are being grown).

So im in a jam. Currently, my plants get a solid watering every other day or as needed. No nutes have been used yet, and the plants are on a 24/0 lighting regiment. Can I switch my lights to 20/4 or even more drastically 12/12? I have Tiger Bloom from FoxFarms, can I give my plants these nutes (even though no flowering has begun) to anticipate flowering/provide the right nutrients for flowering growth? I understand my yield will be small, but some buds are better than none at all. My lowryders just didnt grow as fast as I expected....

2. Sorry dude but from everything I've heard you can't force flower LR's. They do whatever they want when they're ready. Also, 4 weeks time to harvest isn't enough time to get much of anything anyway. Sometime it can be two weeks before your buds even begin to form from switching to 12/12 let alone have a significant yield. I think you may be screwed. I'd try to explore other options for finishing, or you may end up chopping right when they start flowering.

3. i have 2 lowryder #2 that havent flowered for 50 days , i had to put them on 12/12 to see sex, now they are flowering.

4. I have always run mine 20/4 from germ to finish, and never had a problem. They usually start showing sex within a week to week and a half and start flowering shortly thereafter. Try the 20/4, it may not make much of a difference at this point, but you have nothing to lose?

5. True. I did something else instead. I put these little guys on a 12/12 light cycle, and buffered the process with nutes specifically formulated for flowering. Ill be checking on them later today, and hopefully all is well.

I wanted to wait to put them on 20/4, but seeing as how my deadline is fast approaching, I decided to speed up the process as much as possible.