Forcing an outdoor plant to bud ?? with a lightproof tarp that I have

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Tydroponics, Jun 16, 2019.

1. E78316AC-FD3B-4D56-BD36-7D60180FA576.jpeg Ok. I know This sounds kinda crazy but I have a healthy thriving 13 week old plant that I planted from a random seed I found. Figured it wouldn’t do any good but it grew into a very big green female plant(85% sure on female) and it’s already 7 ft tall and 6 ft wide, (note. Tops toed down to ground in pic) &&&the Helicopters down here in south eastern Kentucky are flying atleast once a week seems like and I know it has to be very very visible from the air. So I was wondering is it possible to force it into budding by covering it up
    With a lightproof tarp. If this is possible to do and anyone has any ideas on what times I should attempt to do this at all advice would be appreciated . I’m in the eastern standard time and the sunset today was at 8:56.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hey bro,

I have been thinking about ways I would do this and it's not an easy feat. The way I was thinking of doing it would require me to have to be very close by to the grow because to flower off-season requires the artificial darkness. So my idea involves some type of darkness chamber that can be removed and replaced each day the same time. So could make a PVC enclosure and use a tarp or rhino plastic and create a darkness dome. It will work good just need to be able to dedicate the time each day to remove and replace the darkness dome. If you are an engineer you could use mechanisms to lift and drop the darkness dome but that takes a lot of resources and may need a solar generation station unless you have an electrical source nearby. Generator on a timer would work but could be noisy.

• Like Like x 1
  3. In terms of times, I never did this before but I would cover it like two - three hours before the sun would naturally set?

4. Yea it just so happens to be about ten ft away from my back door, I have already built a removable dome and it was indeed a challenge. My problem is that I’m scared to attempt it bc I’m afraid I might oversleep and throw it off balance and make it go back into vegging. Idk, I got a pretty solid structure built but it isn’t vented , another problem

5. Yea man what you are trying or wanting to do is called light dep. Pretty much can squeeze two grows in a season with that technique. Just put a greenhouse frame around your plants. Make it where it is easy to put on and off a tarp. Also want to make sure no light leaks in and be on top of times to cover plants.

6. Would it be better if I covered them up in
    Would it be easier if I covered them up say like a couple hours before sunset when the temperatures ain’t as high as they would be in evening and it’s more convenient for my schedule. I’m really sketchy at starting this tbh