Forced to Square-Dance?

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Did you go to Elementary School in the South? I went in Florida, then to North Carolina. Graduated there, as well.

But, pretty much everyone from any Southern State I've talked to has said they were forced to learn to Square-Dance in P.E.

As was I.

What the hell is that about? Seriously. Why was I forced to dosey-doe my partner? When is that a vital skill in life? I highly doubt in the next ten years I'll dosey anyone. I'm not a gold-miner from the 1840's. Warm whiskey and VD-ridden women don't turn me on.

I'm pretty baked after a long T-break. And my buddy and I were talking about these forced lessons of dance. Discuss.

2. HOLY SHIT! I was forced to square dance in P.E. in elementary school. texas, sigh, abolish square dancing!

3. In my high school(Longmeadow High school, MA) we did line dancing for about a month before xmas break because thats when the p.e unit ended.

4. Born and raised in FL and never knew such things we're legal. :eek:

5. We were forced to..

And I live in Canada.

6. i went to school in dallas all my life, and yea sadly in elementary school we were forced to square dance in P.E.

7. Yeah I had to do that too not in gym class though liek once a year some people came intomy school and the wholes school had to do it in the gym untill one year when i was liek in grade 5 nobody did it we all just stood there...they never came back. weird thing is im from eastern Canada.

8. You live about 10 mins from me, then. :)

9. l'm from NY and had to do the same thing

10. It seems that there is a plague of forced square dancing. This is shocking and must be put to an end. If they want to force people to learn how to dance, at least teach them something useful.

11. I was forced to as a freshman in a California high school during winter for p.e. We couldnt go outside because of the rain so they forced us to square dance in the gym. Im still recovering from the embarrassment.

12. We did, elementary school in New York State.

13. Lol, I remember having to do jumping jacks and play dodgeball in P.E. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THAT I WONDER?!?!?

14. Yup...I learned how to square dance in elementary school

This is weird...all these recovered memories

15. I went to a private school untill high school, and i certainly would rember forced square dancing. Thats sad. I would have shit a chicken.

16. I dont live in Longmeadow, i went there school choice from Springfield.

17. Yeah in NY they do it in highschool too. Fucking hated it :(

18. had to do it in elementary school too :( lived in MI

19. Absolutely. Two years in junior high and another in high school before I left. This was in Chicago too!

Must be a nationwide stigma. Alaman Lefts haunt my dreams.

:p

20. I don't really remember being forced to do anything in school, I'm sure if you were so disgusted by something they wanted you to do you could have sat it out. I mean, all you really have to do in life is die:D