Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Forced into an early harvest, 4 weeks flower time

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ray83man, Jul 3, 2015.

1. #1 ray83man, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
    Is my first grow sadly work may more than likely force me to harvest early, Im 2 weeks into flower have 3-4 weeks left of flower time. What im wonding is there any techniques to shorten grow time? im really disappointed, have invested quite a bit of time vegging. would love to go full grow but sadly wont happen. what ever happens i plan to hash out what i can.

http://forum.grasscity.com/blog/10380-ray83mans-blog/
    thats my grow blog of this grow

2. What a bummer. It certainly won't be too potent if you have to harvest at 4 weeks, but sometimes life makes our choices for us. Just do what you have to do with plans to make a full run next time. So sorry! TWW

3. #3 ray83man, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    yeah i have some autoflowers with short flower period. Main problem was the clones i got, had spider mites hitching a ride probably lost 2 weeks of growth. Going seed next.

4. Im no botanist but I do know that stress can make a plant do all that it can to reach some sort of "maturity" asap. Sounds like you dont have much to lose but depending on how much time you have you could stress the hell out of em and see what happens [​IMG]

Good luck mate!

5. i was thinking of increasing the periods of dark slowly, make it think "ahh winters coming!" lol

6. clones of auto flowers? Do tell.

7. autoflowers for next cycle, clones for first grow lol

8. ah makes more sense.. was thinking you had made a sick discovery lol

9. #9 God Almighty, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    If you do that, they'll more than likely hermie and you'll end up with seed-ridden buds with fuck-all use. You can stress towards the end for around 5-7 days to increase THC (strength), as THC is produced to ward off predators, thus when the plant thinks it's being attacked it pumps out more THC. Same goes for if you leave them in a dark place for 3 days or so at the end, they think they're dying so do everything they can to reproduce, thus causing buds to get slightly bigger and more potent. There's not much you can do to increase flowering time, I'm afraid. Just out of interest, why do you have to chop early?

10. work is taking me out of town longer than i trust to leave them unattended, dont wanna come back to death 2 weeks later lol

11. Well imo seeded buds are better than no buds, at least you have some smoke. I only feel that way cause Im not looking to sell my smoke...what do I care if I have a few beans or a few hundred when the alternative is to have nothing at all. I have grown buds from hermied seeds and had no issues with the results and had good weed.

Im going to have to look into the thc as a defense mechanism thing...not saying its false at all, I just am curious now and want some hard data to show me. Thats an interesting thing though if youre right. Always learning something new...thanks!

Light stress works great when trying to fool the plant as to what part of the growth cycle it thinks it should be in. Rootball stress is another good way. With the right amount of stress at the right time you can make a plant flower under 24hrs of light....shitty buds but buds nonetheless.

Good luck!

12. lol the only seeds ive seen in years came from the Netherlands. absolutely hate seeds, im picky lol

13. Yeah, I suppose, I don't sell mine so it's not an issue, but I want a decent quality high and smoke, so if I get shit bud I just toss it into a pot for making oil and buy some decent stuff.

14. well im gonna hash it all out in the end, guess the final question is should i leave and let it die/herm/whatever or cut my loss b4 i leave? its soil so they gonna lack water pretty quick.