force flowering??????

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Joesmoke420, Sep 28, 2012.

1. How do I force flower ??? Does it stunt the growth of the plant?? And what are the benifits of force flowering??

2. if you want to force your plant to flower, switch your lighting cycle to 12/12. Unless you keep fucking with the lighting cycle, it should not have any stress issues.

I started some plants 12/12 from seed, check it out in my old grow below.

The benefits are the plants stay smaller, compared to a plant that vegged for 1-4 weeks. By starting it on 12/12, your plants will think to themselves "shit, the season is almost over, i need to reproduce".

how quickly your plant flowers depends on genetics also, so do not get frustrated if by the 3rd week from germ they haven't showed sex.

hope this helped..:wave:

3. I was talking about the three day darkness when you do switch to the 1212

4. Some growers dont use the dark period for the switch.. I myself have done both but using a flowering for early flowering 3 dayd before that darkness the plants dramatically changed coming out of 36hrs hrs of darkness

5. I thought it was 24 hours of darkness to promote early flowering because you're stripping the plant of some of its hormones in darkness. The 36+ hour of darkness comes directly before you cut her, forcing her into shutdown mode or emergency mode which will restore any of her natural oils and promote resin production to try and stay alive. I haven't personally tried the 24 hour darkness before flowering, but i've always heard good things about it and normally it's supposed to cut a week off of flowering. I have tried the 36 hours of darkness before cutting, and it did have some affect.

6. I think you have the answers your looking for buddy. I have heard the same but have never tried the force flowering but my lights are currently off to start the flowering tomorrow.