For you graduated blades

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by south502, Jan 16, 2013.

1. What up GC, I'm 18, a senior, and planning on attending some college. Just wondering what should I expect when I first get out of high school? Is it nice to be out or did things become more stressful? Thanks everyone for reading/replying

2. It depends on what school your going to and what for. Do you have any freinds going to the same school as you?

3. Well I go to community college. It really is a relief to not have school every single day from 8-3. Plenty of free time to myself. You really do feel like you're in the real world for the first time.

I have no input as far as university life though.

4. When I graduated, life become awesome. Within a month i packed up and moved out of my parents house. Headed up north and got my shit together. Once I figured out a career I could see myself doing, I jumped on the opportunity. Since them I have moved 3 times, with another move in the next couple months.

Honestly dude I couldn't be happier. Yes there are stressful days but it's all worth it in the end. Take whatever life throws at you and embrace it.

5. Well i Graduated in 2012, so one year before you...it feels really weird and at first you feel lonely and think about all the memories in HS, but after I feel a great sense of freedom and maturity, I feel more free now and things are a little bit different from HS. Enjoy your days...my HS experience wasnt that good it was alright TBH... I will def miss the memories from HS though for sure

Its actually weird as shit because recently ive been having dreams where i was back in HS again and in college at the same time and it was just so awkward lmao

6. I just graduated recently and I'm on my second semester of college. I'm doing great so far, but my weed comsumption has increased significantly. shit be stessful man, but honestly, all you need to do is study a bit and not fall asleep in class and you'll be fine. school isn't for everyone though

7. yeah man, its crazy. my senior year I was completely done with all the high school shit and I couldn't wait to get out. now that I'm in college, I wish that I could relive my high school days. truth is, time flies man. definately enjoy your time left in high school. go and get fucked up, have sex, smoke weed, drink, run from cops, haven drunke threesomes, just live it up, you're not 18 forever. now is the time to act stupid and do crazy shit. are you gonna be doing keg-stands when you're 35 and married and have kids? you know what I mean? make memories now that'll last forever

8. if you're dorming, your experiences will be a lot better and you have more access to the party scene

if you're commuting, it's pretty nice but a chore to drive all the way to your college sometimes

either way: you get a good sense of independence, easily meet new people, and have the freedom to be whoever you want

most people stay quiet the first day of classes, you just go over the syllabus (assignment dates in a packet) and don't stay for the entire duration. but it's pretty chill overall

my best advice is to just be yourself and enjoy it

9. Community college :cool:

10. Depends a lot on your major what your workload will be.

Always make an effort to go to class and take notes on the upcoming material.

Professors have a tendency to move through information quickly and having some basis is a great way to get ahead.

If you can; get away from home, not too far but a lot of folk that stay around home get caught up in old news.

Congrats on graduating man.