For those who got their wisdom teeth out

Discussion in 'General' started by M_A_R_K, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Few days ago i woke up with my upper left and bottom left gums and teeth hurting. I went to the doctors and they prescribed me T3s and Anti Biotics because my dentist is closed for the holidays. Im pretty sure it is my wisdom teeth acting up, so i might have to get them taken out. What should i expect during surgery and after? I cant even open my mouth more than an inch becaues my jaw is sore and cant even eat properly, I fucking hate this.

2. well, shit is gonna hurt like hell for a week or 2 if it's bad. 2 of my wisdom teeth are sideways so they are a bitch to take out. the other ones aren't that bad really.

3. If anything i'd be excited (keep reading). When I got mine out I was put on some maaajior pain killers. I couldnt open my mouth very wide post surgery and I actually had to have a post-op procedure because they missed some gums or something. But I was in a different world for about a week watching family guy and sipping milkshakes. (couldnt smoke though! :( )

Good times :smoking:

4. When I got mine taken out they gave me some good drugs. I was so doped up I didnt give a shit what they did to me. I didnt feel a thing, altough the sound of having your teeth hammered out was a little off putting.

They gave me like 30 or 40 tylenol 4's, so the first week I felt no pain at all. After about a week and a half I decided to get drunk, bad idea. My face swole up like 3 times its regular size, I was in so much pain I stumbled over to my friend stephs from the bar, and litterally passed out on her front doorstep in pain. Took quite some time to heal.

Just make sure to keep your mouth nice and clean post op. Dont suck on a bong or ciggarettes too hard as you can suck your blood clots out, making the healing process take alot longer. And dont drink untill your face is fully healed. Other than that the operation is a little annoying but nothing you cant handle. And yeah you might want to stock up on soup and baby food, because eating solid food the first few days is fairly painful even with opiates.

5. ehh dentists

6. The actual surgery is NBD at all. You are awake one second, then waking up with no teeth the next.

TRY not to smoke TOO much after you get them pulled, and if you do smoke use a bong w/ not much drag on it. Getting dry sockets sucks but I still smoked after I got them pulled.

My jaw hurt for about a week or two, but the worst thing of all was my stitches kept coming out and rubbing my gums raw.

The painkillers did nothing for my pain either.

7. I had 4 of my wisdom teeth all impacted removed on the same day. I had asked prior to be put to sleep so as they preped me for the surgery they first injected me with some laughing gas. I was told by the nurse that I should feel tingly after some time but after five minutes I did not feel really any different so she said ok and cranked up the dosage. My buddy legit went numb and felt like it was high. I couldnt help but grin like a completely idiot since I was pretty much stoned even before being put to sleep.

I was told that during the operation I would not feel a thing and I would wake up and ask "is it over?" and thats exactly what happened. Although I felt some tugging at times when I woke up I was in a disoriented state and almost forgot where I was. I also asked the nurse if I was done and she told me yes. I received my painkillers which would also get me buzzed to a little bit high but only really needed them for the first two nights(YAY). The first night after they stictched me up I remember around 11:50 my upper right side of my mouth starting feeling this enormous pain. I guess what happend was a piece of the root of the tooth squeezed its way out of the stitched up gum therefore tearing the stitches apart and causing a lot of pain. This was ofcourse remedied with the painkiller.

I only needed the painkiller for 2 nights and the rest was just a bit of soreness. A heads up to you though is that once things start healing up make sure you massage your gums. I had puss and everytime I would massage it it would come out(gross but necessary). You dont want an infection so make sure you clean your mouth/etc.

8. BE ASKED TO BE PUT TO SLEEP.

The dental surgeon who did mine didn't have a license to put me to sleep, which I found out the night before my surgery. I was awake the entire time. It hurt like a mother fucker because my teeth were inexplicably rotten on the inside of each, and the painkillers weren't doing it for me. It's just not a nice experience, I would really recommend being put to sleep.

Other than the surgery, I suppose the recovery isn't so bad. The first day, your mouth is gonna bleed quite a bit, so be sure to change your gauze every 1/2 hour to an hour. And I agree with everyone's advice about not smoking. I've heard some scary things about dry socket and how painful it is. I smoked a little weed after my surgery. Luckily I didn't get dry socket, but I wouldn't suggest you do it.

I got some nice Valium and Vicodin, though. And I had a great excuse to have Jamba Juice for dinner. :yummy:

9. Alright thanks for your help guys, yeah i know i wouldnt want to get dry sockets so smoking is a no no for me. lol all i eat right now is soup because my whole left side is sore and puffy, and i cant even open my jaw more than an inch let alone eat hard materials.

10. when I got mine out they put me to sleep and when I woke up I felt like I was extremely hammered or w/e haha I was feeling real good. It sucks because you can't really eat anything for a couple days, but they give you some really good drugs for the pain and what not so its def. worth it.

also, I would prob not smoke after surgery because you don't want to get a dry socket.. I heard those suck horribly and are extremely painful, but Idk never had it myself.

11. I had 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed back in April - I shall show you a nice example of what happens to your face a few days in.

The swelling is the absolute worst part.

me normally:
    [​IMG]

Me after getting the wisdom teeth removed:
    [​IMG]

Haha the surgery is not a biggie... Though it was the first time I was ever put under - I was in suuuuch a daze. They give you a Valium to take beforehand so I was KO'ed already... had to wheel me out of there in a wheelchair.

Eating is a pain - you can't eat anything solid... and the first day with the gauze in your mouth sucks. I actually tried to smoke thru my nose. It worked... hah but I decided to just keep taking the vicodin.

12. I didn't have much pain after I got mine extracted, so I enjoyed the vics I was prescribed. :)

13. Mine weren't too painful - just doped up on T3's and weed.

Don't smoke a bong or anything like that, OP... that is if you even wanna toke. Make a gravity bong and just brew it, and gently inhale as you push the bottle into the water. I guess that would be a pail, but yeah... prevented ze dry sockets and I was fuckedddd.

14. That's exactly what I did! Works like a charm.

I got mine out a week ago today, and yeah my face was soooo swollen after. I kid you not, I looked like Quagmire. I was put under anesthesia and the whole experience was really weird, but it was over quick. But strangely, my teeth are more sore now than they were right after the surgery.

The procedure isn't bad or anything, it just sucks not being able to eat solid food for a few days after.

15. My cousin did 1 and the others were before they grew in. All I had was novacane and later percs cause I insisted but he is an idiot cause the triplicate won't work in another state.

16. Yeah I personally asked to be asleep for it as well, had to get all 4 taken out, 2 were coming in at a pretty gnarly angle so the doc just decided to get it all over and done with.

I love love love the anesthesia once you wake up though, my mouth felt like there was a 20 lb gumball inside from the surgery, but besides that the anesthesia was mad fun, this was a month before I got high for the first time too and now that I recall waking up from surgery I was INCREDIBLY baked.

Laughing at everything and nothing for a straight 15 min waiting for it to wear off, feeling amazing and ontop of the world :smoke:

They put me on Tylenol3s for recovery, which took a good week until I was able to eat semi normal again. I don't recall having much pain but not being a drug user, the T3s actually helped more than I would expect them to now

After surgery just take it easy for 3-4 days, that's the jist of it

17. Okay I know this is weird to put in this thread but I thought it related enough.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig-pZ4OyidY&NR=1&feature=fvwp]YouTube - Brother and Sister Dental Odyssey[/ame]

18. I just saw that yesterday, was laughing for a good while..

19. When I got mine taken out I took bubbler rips to tha nose (vaped when at home)--Don't risk dry sockets mane

Develop a case of "I cant swallow the pain pills, are there any available in liquid form?" ;)