For those who are sickened by the brutal police beating of the homeless man to death:

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tripace, May 12, 2012.

1. In case some have not yet seen the full video, it's a little over half an hour long, and the sound is fuzzy at times, but ...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPe1_DdJlHw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]Full Video of Fullerton Police Beating Kelly Thomas (NSFW At Tmes) - YouTube[/ame]

So, these cops obviously deserve punishment. Right now, the first two are on trial, only the larger one, Manual Ramos faces charges of second degree murder,
    The other one faces a mere involuntary manslaughter charge.

Now, I want to know who else thinks that, the fact that they are police officers, means they should be held to a higher standard? The way I see it, police are an authority figure, they are expected to protect the public, not beat citizens to death. Second degree murder may work for a citizen, but as police, these actions deserve a much more severe charge, as well as punishment. I think these actions show a clear case of complete police brutality. Shouldn't that be the charge? And I think only one punishment is justified for beating a homeless man to death by six armed officers "of the peace". I want to see them executed by electric chair. Or at the least, an old fashioned hanging. Hanging is the proper punishment for treason, and the way I see it, police brutality is no different than high treason. Discuss?:cool:

I want to hear the opinion of even the statists here, surely even you recognize these filth took the brutality to the extreme. Yes that includes your opinion Garrison, at least admit that even you agree that this was completely unjustifiable, surely?

2. I say break every bone in their bodies one by one.

Dont kill them, death is to merciful a punish for what they did.

They should live in agony for the rest of their lives.

3. Perhaps they can have extensive electroshock therapy that damages a part of their brains or they have a lesion created that makes them all handicapped and unable to take care of themselves. So they all end up homeless on the street.

4. Death is no punishment.

Turn there reality to hell for the rest of there time here is a fair punishment.

I think the ultimate punishment would be having your eye sight and heating taken away.

Maybe take the taste sense aswell or just feed them shitty food

5. The way I see it, death would be the best punishment to set an example for the other police nationwide. It would send a clear message, that if you, as the police officers, go overboard, and act outside of your duties, there are severe consequences for your actions.

6. Geeze Tripace, you are becoming more and more radical. I don't know if I like it or if I'm a little scared. Next time make the poll results private and you will get more votes. PPl don't like others to see how they vote in polls for what ever reason.

I am with you in a sense but at the same time see how a lot of harm can come from it. I do fully believe in lead by example. So if cops want to terrorize and kill citizens they shouldn't be surprised when ppl start shooting back. I do believe all public servants, and politicians should be held to a higher standard. If they are supposed to know whats best for everyone then they should be held to a standard of higher then everyone.

In this case yes the cops should be tried for murder. But the reason cops have so much leeway is because in a life and death situation they don't want cops second guessing or hesitating to do their job because of possible criminal charges being brought up.

I try to never advocate violence or death but I do think that in some cases death is the only rational choice(pedophiles, rapist, and child molesters)

7. Kill them slowly.

8. You really think people who commit sexual offences deserve the death penalty?

Don't you think the death penalty should only be applied to people who's crimes actually cause the death of a victim/victims? As far as I know most pedos, rapist don't go out with the intent to kill their victim.

I read this on the wikipidia page of kelly thomas

Orange County district attorney Tony Rackauckas gave a detailed account of the events during a press conference on September 21, 2011. Using digital audio recording devices carried by the officers, surveillance video from a pole camera at the Fullerton Transportation Center, and other evidence, Rackauckas provided evidence that Thomas did comply with orders from Officer Ramos, who had put on latex gloves and asked Thomas "Now see my fists? They are getting ready to fuck you up."[14] Rackauckas went on to describe how Thomas begged for his life, before being beaten to death.[15]

9. :confused:
    I thought the poll was private? I know the results are black when I look at them, meaning I can't click them, they're blue when I can see who voted what.

I am on an iPad, so maybe if I were on PC the results would be blue for whatever reason:confused: but, I dont remember making them public...:confused_2:

10. I belive capital punishment should ONLY be implemented to people who commit High Treason in our government. If the people in DC knew that they could be hung I really don't think that they'd shit all over the constitution.

11. I don't agree with capital punishment. They should be fired and tried for murder I guess, definitely fired though, no question.

12. those cops deserve the death sentence.

13. so did the guy end up dieing?

14. Yes, Kelly Thomas died in the hospital a few days later.

15. thinking back that was a stupid question should have just read the op lol

16. I think a former police officer in a prison filled with people that hate his type is pretty much punishment enough. I don't want to think about what unspeakable acts they will do to him on a daily bases. It's probably like giving a juicy pork chop to a pack of wild wolves.

17. I honestly don't think they'd put him with the other inmates for that very reason. That'd be amazing if they did though!

18. If they did, then I'd agree, gen pop would be punishment enough, but they're gonna have it easy in their own private cells.:mad:

That's why I say death sentence. What they did was WRONG. This sort of police brutality will NOT be tolerated.

19. I don't believe in the death penalty but if I did...

20. Normally I am eye for an eye.

But I have a better idea, throw them in fed prison with gen pop.