For those who are sick of waiting for the gov't to solve problems

Discussion in 'General' started by eldude-arino, Apr 28, 2006.

1. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJ2mc8DJsyQ"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NJ2mc8DJsyQ" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

2. wow. that was really good. not sure how "extreme" i would go but....

also, did youtube get fancy?

3. Wow.

Rep + for sure.

That was seriously moving.

4. whoopty fucking do. who was this guy? and what was he doing to help change the circumstances in which we live? tell me what his actions were, and then ill show him respect.

or was he just going around like preaching this action, never giving advice as to how these changes might be brought about, only inciting a fevered response from the crowd.

think about it, what did he really say? nothing significant. it is far to easy to lament about the state of affairs, but its a little tougher to actually find and carry out ways of changing it.

5. Civil Rights FTW.

6. That was Malcolm X... care to show him some respect now? :cool:

7. hey thanks man, for real.

and no, i hate Malcolm X and everything he stands for. i was half right in my rant. he could have easily practiced civil disobedience.

thats a funny speech, cuz he acts like he's all for "unity" against the evironment in which we live.

now lets see the other side, the Malcom X speeches where he incites angry mobs against the white devil.

i think its funny that you get your tires slashed if you have a rebel flag on your car (where im from), but a malcom x bumper sticker is never considered negative.

8. Maybe its cause the confederate supports are ignorant. I didn't see malcom x owning slaves, he was for civil rights. No shit malcom was pissed off, wouldn't you be too not being equal, thinking you didn't deserve things cause of your skin color.

9. I usually don't agree with you, Scooby (this isn't an exception), but i will always respect you for saying whats on your mind.

p.s. i will never get over how much he looks like denzel

10. May I paraphrase here: I think it's funny that you get your tires slashed if you have a rainbow flag on your car (where I'm from), but a US flag bumper sticker is never considered negative.

Don't know what that had to do with anything, but I was amused by the parallels... :D :cool:

11. uh the rebel flag is about supporting states rights. im not saying it wasnt about slavery too, cuz thats bullshit.

but do you agree and support the states that are going above the federal law and allowing decriminilization of marijuana? cuz yea, thats states rights, and thats something i support.

12. There was a big debate a while ago on the rebel flag. The consensus is that it generally for supporting state rights, although some racists like to use it as well, unfortunatly.

// edit

I don't care for what Malcom X became either. Blackmailing companies and such.

13. I don't know where you got your info but it's nothing about states rights. READ

Controversy

[edit]

Displaying the flag

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Today, this CSA flag is usually recognized as simply "the Confederate Flag." Other former flags of the CSA have become more obscure.

What is usually called "The Confederate Flag" or "The Confederate Battle Flag" (actually the Navy Jack as explained above) is still a widely-recognized symbol. The display of the flag is a controversial and very emotional issue, generally because of disagreement over exactly what it symbolizes. To many in the US South it is simply a symbol of their heritage and pride in their ancestors who held out during years of war under terrible odds and sacrifice. Others see it as a symbol of the institution of slavery, or of the Jim Crow laws established by the US Congress enforcing racial segregation in the Southern States for almost a century later. According to Civil War historian and southerner Shelby Foote, the flag traditionally represented the south's resistance to northern political dominance generally; it became racially charged during the Civil Rights Movement, when protecting segregation suddenly became the focal point of that resistance.
    On April 12, 2000, the South Carolina state senate passed a bill to remove the flag of the former Confederate States of America from on top of the statehouse dome by a majority vote of 36 to 7. Placed there in 1962, according to one local news report, "the new bill specified that a more traditional version of the battle flag would be flown in front of the Capitol next to a monument honoring fallen Confederate soldiers." The bill then went to the House, where it encountered some difficulty. But on May 18, 2000, after the bill was modified to ensure that the height of the flag's new pole would be 30 feet, it was passed by a majority of 66 to 43, and Governor Jim Hodges signed the bill five days later. On July 1, the flag was removed from the South Carolina statehouse. Current state law prohibits the flag's removal from the statehouse grounds without additional legislation. Police were placed to guard this flag after several attempts by individuals to remove it. Some regard the flag as easier to see in that location than when it was atop the State House Dome.
    More recent studies, however, show changing attitudes toward the Confederate battle flag, particularly among blacks - perhaps due to media reports of the issue stemming from legislative battles regarding the flag's official use in Georgia, Mississippi, and South Carolina. In 2005, two Western Carolina University researchers found that 74% of U.S. African-Americans polled favored removal of the flag from the South Carolina Capitol building. Cooper & Knotts, 2005 As battle lines over the use of the flag have (again) hardened, the NAACP and many civil rights groups have attacked the flag. Other groups such as the Sons of Confederate Veterans have actively protested the use of any Confederate flags by the Ku Klux Klan and other hate groups, stating that the hate groups are blemishing the memory of the ancestors of the SCV. Some members of the SCV have even faced down Klansmen at their rallies and marches, to protest the inappropriate usage of these flags. The NAACP maintains an official boycott of South Carolina, citing its continued use of the battle flag on its Statehouse grounds."-------FROM http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_flag

It stands for one of these three things- Supports of racial Segregation, The pride of the confederate soldiers, or the south being run by the north

14. Back 2 Post 1...

He makes a powerful statement, I also feel like taking arms to put the world in place it shoulda been a long time ago. I live in the system and its %100 bullshit. Thats what we are doing to is sitting around blind as a bat and not doing shit about it.
    Like Melcome X sais One day that leader will come and free us of this hell on earth we live in. If its in my life time, Your damn right im gonna fight the enemy(s). WAKE UP! BE PREPARED!

15. Sorry Cheebaa, but a symbol represents whatever significance the people give it. Coming from a northern state that had a TON of people fly the rebel flag, I've yet to find someone who didn't say they fly it because they support states and are against federal rule.

*shrugs*. I'm sure it's different all over the place, but it's a historical fact that one of the major causes of the Civil War was not slavery, but rejection of the federal rule (aka, the North) trying to control everything in the South. Slavery was on of those issues that the pro-federalist North was pushing on the South, but it wasn't really the cause, as most people from the South didn't even own slaves. That doesn't mean that everyone flying the flag means the above, but since rejection of federalist rule WAS a major part of the reason the south rebeled it's often used to express that sentiment, regardless of what the user-edited Wikipedia says.

http://www.usflag.org/history/confederatestarsandbars.html

Everyone in this country is brainwashed into believing that it was all slavery, because it's simpler explaination than the complicated sentiments of how the new nation should be run.

// edit

I'm not saying racists don't fly it. Clearly they do. But not everyone who flies it is racist.

// edit 2

Seaching Google brings up other people who believe what I've been saying about people using it for state rights. Ie:

http://www.preparednessnow.com/confederate_flag.htm

So my point is that your statement that it has nothing to do with state rights is unfounded.

16. 1. why make a statement about a man you don't know
    2. ignorant people annoy me, please, if you're going to be that way, make your own thread about it... i know it's a free forum, but you strayed from the topic to bring up an issue of your own
    3. the video was about the message...not malcom x...not black v white...n v s.... or what a rebel flag stands for... if you have something to say regarding that, please do

tweech brings up a good point, even though that's one thing that irritates me about the homosexual population... there's always going to be someone hating on you for whatever "flag you fly".... the problem i speak of with the gay population is, yes, you are unfairly treated (an understatement at times i know), but i don't see the "parallels" between hundreds of years of enslavement, torture, rape, misinformation, and outright murder...and the few decades gays have been fighting for their rights.... i don't have a problem with homosexuals, blacks, whites, southern, northern, eastern, middle-eastern, western, hispanic, whatever.... i have a problem with ignorant people who choose to believe there is only one way of thinking and if it isn't their's, it is wrong

17. I don't think some of you have analyzed this video as much as need be. Basically, (as what I'm saying pertains to Marijuana) we can't just sit around waiting for the government to quit play hot potato with the Marijuana prohibition, every cannabis user has to unite together in order to get the laws repealed.

A house divided against itself cannot stand. United we stand, divided we fall. That's how it works, plain and simple.

18. If we have to get every cannabis user, it's never going to work. What we need is more high profile, responsible and well liked users (and weed-friendly non-users) to step out of the closet (so to speak) and speak up so that it can be demonstrated to the masses that the propaganda we've been fed all these years is highly inaccurate. We need respectable spokespeople on the front lines who are willing to bring to light the inaccuracies of the current fallacious propaganda. Until we can put up a respectable front for all to see, we aren't going to have a chance in hell of repealing the laws. :cool:

19. I really never liked the philosophies of Malcom X, mainly because he chose to use violence. I hate murder, and the taking of life. You may say, he killed only 'the enemy', the white man, or whatever, but many innocent people, and children. He wasn't a very good man, but pushing a good thing.

20. negative, i will not "stand" with some of the fucking loser potheads i know. in fact i wont stand with most stoners until im sure of what they want.

im against legalization of marijuana alone. its ridiculous and unfair.