for those of you who use powders..

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by jfresh420, Jan 9, 2012.

1. how do you guys mix em up so its not all grainy???
    every power i have used for like pre workout,there is always the shit that dosnt dissolve in the bottom,makes you wanna gag when u drink it..i always just shake the shit out of the bottle but it doesnt make a difference..

im taking jack3d if it makes a difference

2. My brother and his body-building friends drink that muscle milk stuff.

When I tried it...I put it in water and it was TERRIBLE. It was grainy and all those traits you've described haha

My brother and his friends make smoothies out of it. I dunno what your diet is like...but i thought it was delicious! They would mix it into yogurt with bananas or dried fruit. Or they would blend it with some milk and fruit.

They were using the chocolate flavor

I hope this helps :)

3. ^^I think that's what I used when I tried it. It's got that grid thing below the cap? I didn't really like how it worked. I mean it was alright but i thought it was still a tad bit grainy. I dunno hahah

4. I just don't taste/smell it, I take like 5g of different powders before I work out + creatine and whey protein. I just mix it all in like half a cup of juice, and just mix it with a spoon. Down half, then take a swig off some fresh juice to get all the taste out. Down the other half, and add some juice to the cup to dissolve the rest and drink it again.

It's only awful for a minute while doing it

5. That one has a little blender ball in the cup, just shake it when you want to mix it up.

6. Get an electric hand blender.

And stop taking Jack3d. 1,3 dimethylamylamine is nothing to mess with.

7. Oh! haha that's interesting. That seems like it would work better ha

8. This, use non essential amino acids (arginine ethyl ester, glutamine, lysine, glutamine, pyroglutamate etc)

Also get some agmatine

9. Make sure you are using enough liquids and of they are cold let it sit and warm up cause it doesn't dissolve well when it's cold. I using isoflex isolate whey with water everyday and that mixes up perfect. Half a water bottle and 2 scoops seems to work great for me.

10. Pour liquid into cup. Get fork. Stir vigorously, scraping bottom simultaneously.

Or, get a blender.

11. Elaborate please, I've used my brother's Jack3d about 3-4 times.

12. I don't see anything on there that makes me want to stop using it. I stopped taking Jack3d and just bought a big bottle of 1,3-dimethylamylamine (as well as beta-alanine and some of the other ingredients), so I am curious as to what the big issue is. In my experience, it's fine as long as you don't overdo it.

13. Seeing how you guys have used jack3d..my main question in this whooooole thread was about mixing it in water..everybody took it as protein power,I guess that's my fault..but when ever I mix jack3d in water like the last 3-4 sips I get all the grainy shit in my mouth..is there a way to make it dissolve?

14. Jack3d usually has a weird grainy residue. It's some immiscible component. I've never had a huge problem with it though. Use more water if it really bothers you. Just learn to live with it.

15. I can't believe it took so long to get this answer.

OP, I suggest using more than 5oz of water(or whatever amount of water you're using, which clearly isn't enough).

I and the 10+ other people I know who have taken Jack3d have never had this problem.

16. I think the issue is mostly in relation to professional/amateur sports because it's banned by WADA. Also it can cause false positives, but so can a lot of things. My main issue is the vasoconstricting aspect of it. I guess some people are also wary of the fact that it's combined with caffeine even though the two are very similar in nature and toxicity.

17. #19 NaKz, Jan 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2012
    I've been following 1,3 DMAA's logs on BB.com for a few years now and there are a good number of users reporting some pretty disturbing side effects.

Why I stay away from it specifically?

It has the ability to cause temporary erectile dysfunction and temporary noticeable penile shrinkage. Nothing should be so vasoconstrictive that is causes the inability to obtain an erection. This is a very common side effect of 1,3 Dmaa. If something is constricting that much blood to your genitalia then that is probably bad fucking news for your testicles which are the powerhouse testosterone producers in your body.

I've never taken it, but caffeine does the job and has years and years of research backing it....and I know it won't fuck with my manhood.

18. Stir it while you drink it, you'll get rid of that taste right at the end. My flavour is lemon-lime and the first time I used it I put it straight from the scooper onto my tongue, my eyes haven't watered like that from food in ages.