For those of you who live in duplexes/apartments

Discussion in 'General' started by steezemachinee, Jun 17, 2009.

1. I am highly considering moving out and I was just wondering for those of you who are experienced living in an apartment or duplex if the people are ever bothered by the smell of smoke?

In general, do you think it is safe to smoke and grow in an apartment or duplex or is it just a bad idea?

First and foremost I will be looking for a nice place to live but the next priority after that will be a chill owner/landlord.

2. Don't know about growing but as long as the place isn't run down none of your neighbors should be able to smell the smoke. It may leak into the hallway, depending on the type of apartment building you are in. I lived in a nice apartment complex for about four years before moving into my house and noone ever said anything.

3. i've never had any complaints about smoke. The building's only 2 floors & we're on the second floor at the end of the building. We smoke outside sometimes, and never get complaints. You just gotta scope out your neighbors and see if they seem sketch or not.

as for growing, you can pull it off. Just DON'T TELL ANYONE!!! and i do mean anyone. You never know who will jack you, rat on you, etc. It's happened to people on here before even with "close" friends, so just be careful. I'd suggest only doing one or 2 plants at a time if you are gonna grow. Keep it discreet, make sure the lights aren't that visible from any windows. Common sense shit. I grew a few plants in our apt (only one successful one. Others were males). And we had to move it once cuz the apt had to do a check in certain apartments, and it turns out they didn't even need to check ours! But we did have ours checked 2 days after i cut it down! Scary shit.

but yeah, use common sense, honestly do not tell ANYONE no matter how bad you wanna. You can tell em afterwards when you smoke em out with the best shit they've seen :D

4. our cheef chamber experiement resulted in a fire alarm going off

5. I live in a 2 story townhouse, with only one person to the side of me.

No complaints here, but then again they probably smoke too for all I know.

6. I wouldn't do a grow but smoking would be fine, you could just do it in your room or bathroom, blow it out the window doubt anyone will care.

7. Alright thanks for the feed back so far. The only people that will know about the grow will be the people living there which are my two best friends. I don't think them knowing would be a problem because if they told anyone it would directly effect them as well. I plan on making a discreet grow box. Main worries about growing in an apartment or duplex is the fact that if something breaks the landlord could have to come in or if the landlord would randomly show up because he had to do something.

Is it illegal for a landlord to come in your place unknowingly?

8. Smoking is fine, idk about growing since in my apts maintenance might come in to check on the fire code or hazzard or whatever.. they dont do it randomly but, where u gonna hide all that pot?